Can anyone tell me whats wrong with her leg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got two bearded dragon's from a friend and there is something wrong with her leg and I dont know much about bearded dragon's so any help will be appreciated.

BiggenPanda

Original Poster
Before I got them they were housed together. They are both in separate cages now because they were fighting over there food. I have photos of her leg but im new to this site and dont know how to post them.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Welcome to the forum. You can upload pictures using the XIMG function here in the message box. Then simply copy/paste them onto here.
How are they both doing now? We would be happy to run over your tank setup as well, to ensure you have everything correct.

Tracie

BiggenPanda

Original Poster
92785-7849783213.jpg
as of right now they are still in separate tanks until i get paid. They are both doing well she can use her leg.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
poor little guy .... or girl ... sure been in the wars ....

Pretty hard to tell from the photo but it looks very damaged ... been savaged by the tankmate/sibling , you should get a good reptile vet take a look at the injured leg and foot , some antibiotics might be needed to help clear up any infection.

Is there any puss present ?

Before you can get him/her to the vet, a daily soak in dilute (tea strength coloured) betadiene in luke warm water for the sore leg & foot , please don't let him/her drink it. This will help get rid of any biofilm forming on the injuries . ( 10 - 15 mins per soak , 34 oC water ) .

The leg and foot will likely come good if they don't become badly infected.

Please keep the pair separated PERMANENTLY. Never ever put them together , even for fun time on the floor. Too risky .

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Ahhh, poor little guy, that must be painful. Likely caused by them fighting, he's missing several toes/nails, and that's probably the result of a severe bite or many severe bites.

Do the Betadine soaks as stated and apply some triple antibiotic ointment a couple of times daily until you can get him to a reptile vet ASAP. He will most likely need prescription antibiotics given to him either orally, by injections, or both. If he gets to a reptile vet soon and gets the antibiotics to stop any infection, he should be fine and be able to use his leg again. Likely right now the pain is too much for him to use his leg. That's the other reason he needs to get to an experienced reptile vet asap, he needs some pain meds.

Please keep those two separate from now on, all the time. They cannot ever be together again, as the next time this happens it might be fatal.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I blew up that pic and, it looks crusty and, I can barely make out his toes. Is it? If so, you really need to get it looked at before it spreads further. I know you took this on to help them and, dragons are very time and $$$ consuming creatures at the onset. Once things get settled in and everything is right things generally go at a steadier pace.
Just remember we are here to help you and, your newly acquired buddies through your journey together. If you have questions, just ask and, we will try to answer them.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's what I thought you said in your other post, so that's great to hear. :) Please post a couple more close up pics when you can.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, good thing you posted the extra pics. That is either an old injury or else some type of fungal, wart-like growth, or both. You can still see what a reptile vet might say about it, but ask the previous owner how long it's been that way. It doesn't look like a new bite wound or anything that happened recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom