My Lenny sick?!?! Please weigh in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachelG

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frank Ocean
Update: I wish I had the time to detail every aspect of Lenny's condition as it has unfolded, but unfortunately, we have some pretty heavy family issues and illnesses recently that have kept me from daily progress notes. Of course, nothing has kept me from caring for my precious Lenny, and I'm happy to report that she is doing great!

Lenny is still on the antibiotic, and takes it daily with no trouble. I have also given the Benebac I mentioned above, as outlined on the package. She had 1/2 gram yesterday, and will have another tomorrow and again on the fifth day. If anyone thinks I should alter the dose or schedule, please let me know! I did mix it with the critical care food, which Lenny eats happily and adorably. Lenny had a small very watery poop Friday night ( the poop itself wasn't exactly watery... there was a puddle accompanying the small poop) and early this morning, I found and cleaned a nice big poo, also in a watery puddle. I wasn't able to get it to the vet today, but I do have a specimen jar ready to collect the next one for testing.

Lenny eats plenty of the critical care, and I do love feeding her, but when should I expect her to resume eating bugs? I've offered them daily, along with the hated salad, even throughout her illness, but she doesn't seem interested. Also, how long should I continue feeding the critical care food? I was given have plenty from the vet, but there were no specific "dosage" instructions, other than 5-8ML daily. Lenny does eat more than that, usually about 10-12... should I stop at 8?

Thank you all for your help and advice this far, I'm so lucky to have such a great resource for my sweet baby, and I'm so happy she's on the mend!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Tat's good to hear, I didn't think it would be anything serious + hope it stays that way. :) Some dragons seem to linger on the Critical Care, just give it some time + weigh her weekly. Sometimes they actually have a slow weight gain while on it, so if you see that her weight is stable or rising, ypou can start skipping a C.C feeding here + there and offer bugs. After a while she'll surprise you and grab a bug again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom