just got a new baby and it has YF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matero3o

Hatchling Member
going to rehome her asap
but before i noticed she had YF i put her in a tank and then i held my other female

i dont think i directly touched the infected area but im still worried my healthy female may get it
i didnt hold her for long but i gave her a warm bath after i found out

is the chances she'll be fine high or no? exposure wasn't that long

matero3o

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
it looks blotchy and sure as hell looks like YF

i proceeded to bathe my female i touched after and moved all infected tanks and boxes out of the room, the baby is now being cared for by my brother upstairs.

im just worried about my female i touched right after putting this baby away

i mean the exposure wasnt that long and it was just a quick handling

plus i gave her a warm bath for 10-15 min to make sure none of the fungal bacteria went on my females body.

will she be okay?

not really worried about the baby but im just worried about my girl piper, she was my first beardie.

matero3o

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
anyone help? im worried it'll spread to my juvie piper.. i did everything i can to prevent after touching her without knowing the baby had YF

i touched the baby to put her away, took piper out and gave cricket and put her back, then i took baby out and noticed yellow blotches on beard and lower arm area

then i freaked out worried piper would get YF from me touching her after touching baby, washed my hands many times, seperated baby into brothers room upstairs, gave piper a nice warm soak in the sink

since then i've been washing my hands like crazy

i dont think piper will contract YF because of this i need opinions i dont want her to get it.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Sorry, but your lack of caring about the baby you bought as a pet and your immediate response of getting rid of her, then actually saying that you don't care about her is pretty awful.

matero3o

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ellen, i never dealt with yellow fungus before and i do not have enough money for a vet visit, i'd rather find her a home with someone who can handle yellow fungus, instead i gave her to my brother whos willing to take the extra mile and fight the yellow fungus, i dont have the time either to watch over her, shes a cute little girl but i just dont want my other dragons in danger,

i like her and all i'd just rather have someone who knows what they're doing..

matero3o

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
its not just the fact shes sick, i dont want my other dragons in danger, YF is a bad health issue and i'd rather have her have someone who'd go out of their way and have more time to deal with her, i have college next year and work, i won't have enough time to make sure she's okay

i'd rather have her have an owner who has the time and experiance with YF.

matero3o

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
its the fact the people sold me a sick dragon
i spent 100$

backwaterreptiles is a horrible dealer i will not buy from them again..
i just wanna know if my female will be okay, she was only exposed for like 5-10 min but i bathed her afterwords
thats the only thing i want to know

will.
she.
be.
ok.

matero3o

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i used sanitary whipes
after i touched the dragon i touched my
tablet, phone and computer
i just whiped everything down

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I apologize, but it's honestly really difficult to respond when you're posting so much new information in separate fields. Please remember not all members are active at the same time and a lack of response could be due to lack of knowledge on the situation. Spamming your own thread for help is honestly ineffective and just makes it harder for us. If you could, please edit prior comments of yours to keep information contained. I apologize again if it's nitpicky, but for me personally I find it difficult to process when so spastic.

It's terrible that a breeder gave you a potentially sick dragon. It may be a good idea to share some photos of her so others can assess before being so quick to get rid of that poor thing. If she's sick, she needs help.

Regarding your other dragon, YF is very contagious, and I am unsure if a bath would help as this often makes YF worse. I do not have any advice to offer on this

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Hey,

Same issue with Backwater Reptiles in 2015.

They also sold me a sick dragon with YF also cancer and mouth rot. Terrible theyre still selling sick reptiles! He did end up passing away unfortunately after all vet help.

As for Piper, Im hoping shes ok. I do know that it's very highly contagious! I had a friend who had a YF dragon and she had others. She would never touch her dragons after touching him. She would wash her hands and clothes before handling other dragons as yes it can spread to others through contact with the infected dragon. Wherever your sick one touched and then Piper touched she could get it. Right now it's tough to say as Piper is healthy and not showing any yellow. Im not saying she's gonna get it I said could so dont take it the wrong way. As for now, keep an eye on her if she shows any yellow crusty skin take her to the vet. It's from what I read. I hope this helps you hon. Keep up the disinfecting from wherever the baby touched and keep an eye on Piper. Sorry if it's too long but I read YF posts and every one has to keep clean before touching healthy dragons after touching the infected one. Good luck to you and Piper.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So sorry to hear this. :( I agree with the very good + helpful advice from Bluedragon. The only other thing I'd add is that you should take pics, post them here and also send the pics to Backwater to see about a refund if this is really how the dragon came to you.

matero3o

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
update

spoke with a good friend whos a breeder
gave both of my beardies nice long baths and cleaned cages out with bleach and water dilute

she said since the contact was very short she has a very low chance of getting it

such little exposer and since i cleaned everything she said the chances are slim of my beardies getting it, the baby is now being taken care of upstairs, she will remain a pet.

matero3o

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
camo had no contact with the sick dragon and was only near piper today, piper doesnt seem to have anything wrong so far and i went out of my way to disenfect my whole room so it wont spread
its unlikley a 5 minute exposure will cause the dragon any sickness...mainy it happens when dragons are near eachother or bodily fluids get on your hand or the fungus falls off onto your hand
but when i handled the baby i didnt touch the infected area and as soon as i touched piper after i remember the baby stood up on me as i put her in the cage, piper's chances of getting it are slim due to a lack of prolonged exposure and a new sanity condition.
i'll keep her and camo separated for a few days, they live next to each-other but after im done handling one i will hand sanitize my hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom