Spike has pink around his mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive had my beardie spike for 4 mo's now. When i got him he was skinny and didnt move around hardly at all. He walks on his lil wrists and ive learned its a form of mbd. Ive given him calcuim dust and fed him things from the list on this site. Hes gotten so much better he runs n jumps all over the house. He even gets to play outside now. Ik most ppl wont like tht i put him on a leash and let him play in the yard. I watch him the whole time. Theres nothing he does i dont know about. When he came in 2 days ago he smelled like car oil. I put him in the tub but didnt use soap bc i was scared it would hurt him. But i brushed him today he dont smell like oil but he has pink around his mouth and all he wants to do is sleep outside his cage. He is eatin n drinkin but y does he want to b cold and sleep? Has anyone had this issue?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Would you happen to have any pictures of your dragon we could see? How old is he, over 4 months old?
Are you sure the pinkish tint isn't from him being in pre-shed around his mouth?
That is terrific you have gotten him in better health. Are you using a good UVB light now?
What is your supplementation like?
Please review your tank setup with us so we can double check & be sure it's all correct.
That is perfectly fine if you let him run around the yard with a leash on. Just be mindful of toxins, pesticides, predators, etc.
What do you feed him?

Tracie

Chasindadragon

Original Poster
Hes about 2 yrs old as far as.i can tell. I think im his 3rd.owner first ones didnt really feed him third one had him 3 weeks so hes been thru alot. He sheded 4 times when i first got him. Never had a bath. Drank heavy the first time. He has a lil bit of sand in his tank n a tree for a baby dragon he was 2 big for. Im still tryin to figure out how to upload pics. I took out the sand got him a wooden house n a big stick. A uvb from repti i heard from off this site. I give him a salad blend no lettuse lil spinach not much repti bites green pepper calcium power crickets meal worms banana once cucumber not his fav hes had alot of kale so none of tht collards muatard greens ive done alot of different hopin tht itll all help.he has tht felt in the botyom of his cage a ice cream buckett of big glass dish rocks to dig in hes spoiled rotten

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So you are using a Reptisun 10 tube bulb for his UVB? How old is it & how far away from him is it?
His substrate on the bottom is felt, that is fine then. How big is the area where you have the rocks for him to dig in? How much sand is left in his tank?
Please post pictures of your tank setup & of him, if you can so we can see how the light placement for him is.
How is his appetite doing, is he eating very well? I would reduce the kale & spinach & use mustard or collard greens, or dandelion greens because kale & spinach are high in oxalates & binds calcium absorption.
How often do you give calcium powder? At his age, he needs it at least 3 times per week.
You can click on the XIMG here in the message box, to upload your pictures to this site, then paste & copy them to here.

Tracie

Chasindadragon

Original Poster
[email protected] to see his pics.
The pics start from the day i got him. He gets calcium 3 to 4 days a wk. Hes been gettin mustard greens calcium crickets and repti bites. He doesnt get kale or collard greens he dont really like it. He gets a bath almost everyday bc he was constipated but i cn slow tht down now. His light is either 2 high or 2 low still gotta figure out how to get it 12 inches above him. He shed where the.pink was and is runnin around again. He stopped poopin for 2 days i guess thts y he was not feelin good. He recently learned how to walk backwards and roll its 2 cute. Oh n i got rid of the sand completly.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Is the pinkish color gone now? Shedding can cause some strange looking colors.
That's great you got rid of the sand, too it will be much cleaner. What are you using now?
I could get in to see the pics though.
How are you trying to mount the light?

Tracie

Chasindadragon

Original Poster
Rt now im useing paper from work and tht felt stuff he likes both so... And i figured it out last night how ro get my light 12 in up. I have a broom tht is for kids no one uses it so i used twisty ties and tied it around the clamp so it wouldnt fall and pinned the broom between the wall and the cedar chest his cage sits on. The pink is gone now hes still amazing me everyday how much hes comin into his lil personality. I tried to dl pics in this site but im mainly using my phone ig thts y its not working my computer has a school kinda set up n wont let me really do much but school related things so. Ill keep tryin tho

Chasindadragon

Original Poster
Im so devistated i came home the other day and spike couldn't breathe. He passed away an hr later in my arms. He will be so missed. I dont understand one min hes fine next hes gone.

Chanza

Hatchling Member
Very sorry to hear about your loss, beardies are very good at hiding their illnesses and sometimes they can just disappear without notice. Hope the little guy rests in peace. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom