Weird Spots and Discoloration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spink

91934-6217561774.jpg

I do a lot of research and take the best care I can of our beardie who is a happy and otherwise healthy 1 year-ish old boy. He recently started getting this dark color on him, then white spots and other odd colors. At first I thought it was his new skin where he has molted a lot (I could make another dragon out of the sheds). I am worried about him but can't find a beardie vet in my area. Please check out these pics and share any advice you can! I also show a picture of his other side which is how he has always looked. Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

91934-2077358552.jpg

91934-7524060677.jpg

91934-8390206475.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It almost looks like a paradox [ new strange morph ] type pattern but it's more likely a burn. How close can he get to his heat lamp and what kind of bulb is it ? Can you post pics of the set up showing placement of the lights ?

Spink

Original Poster
AHBD":3ff71d2s said:
It almost looks like a paradox [ new strange morph ] type pattern but it's more likely a burn. How close can he get to his heat lamp and what kind of bulb is it ? Can you post pics of the set up showing placement of the lights ?

91934-1496275734.jpg

Here is his lighting system. I don't think he gets close to it but maybe the lights that I chose were wrong or too strong. I had so much conflicting information about feeding and lighting I never feel sure that I'm doing everything right.

I have a ceramic heater on at all times bc it is cool where I live and hard to keep up to temp. I have a 10 uvb 13 watt desert mini compact fluorescent - I saw those were questionable but I couldn't find a uvb that wasn't and this is zoo med. I have 2 repti basking spot lamps (one didn't keep it up to temp in the day) so I added another. I believe that one is 75 w and is zoo med brand as well. The other basking lamp is the pet smart brand of the same thing and is a higher w but I can't remember how high, maybe 100 or 125?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It looks like the heat lamp is really close to the basking log. I think that's what possibly caused a burn. Try to rig it so that it's further away from where he basks. You might want to put some pure plain aloe [ check that there are no added ingredients ] on there or some raw, unpasteurized honey. He will be O.K but you'll need to move the bulb further back to be safe, especially if it's a tight beam. .

Spink

Original Poster
AHBD":1svz0m1t said:
It looks like the heat lamp is really close to the basking log. I think that's what possibly caused a burn. Try to rig it so that it's further away from where he basks. You might want to put some pure plain aloe [ check that there are no added ingredients ] on there or some raw, unpasteurized honey. He will be O.K but you'll need to move the bulb further back to be safe, especially if it's a tight beam. .

I will try that, thanks so much!! I have all natural rose water that I use for burns. I wonder if that would be safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom