Beardie eating enough??

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon is about 4 or 5 months old. I adopted her in January but they said she could be anywhere from 4-16 weeks so they weren't sure. I will attach photos. She is only eating about 6-10 crickets a day and no greens. I have the greens in a bowl in her cage and I spray them with water and she's just not interested. But I read that they should be eating over 10 crickets a day at this age so I was just wondering if she looks normal? She's my first beardie and I have a tiny baby as well.
90571-1430276921.jpg
90571-1605206519.jpg
90571-185471871.jpg
90571-683584144.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If she eats any greens at all at that age it's a bonus.

Peppa and Toothless were polishing off up 25 medium crickets per day each at that age , I was giving them each 2 meals , an am and late afternoon meal with the morning meal of crickets the larger (2/3 in am, 1/3 in afternoon).

She looks happy and alert and not too bad.

How warm are your tank temperatures during the day ? If the tank is too cold she will have a very slow metabolic rate.

What is your day cycle ?

What exactly is your UV lighting ? Insufficient UVA will result in reduced apetite.

Too cold and insufficient UVB will result in her not being able to metabolise her dietary calcium to produce VitD and then make more beardie, and a lack of foot (insect protein) will result in stunted growth (just like if she was sharing a tank with another similar age sibling who was dominating her and taking the lion's share of the food and best basking and sleeping spot and stressing her).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom