Seriously Sick Beardie....URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today I brought a bearded dragon home from school, I agreed to watch him over the summer and was going to bring him home mid May, but due to the HORRIBLE care he was getting, and overall lack of attention he was being given I decided to bring him home early and try to get him some help.

Some background info:
-He had no heat source at all
-No UVB light
-Placed with another dragon
-Given only pellets to eat, no greens or insects at all (he's an adult)
-Teacher doesn't know the age (they've had him for a year and a half)

I am obviously going to take him to the vet ASAP, luckily we have a really good herp vet here who will see and treat him for free, but because of that, it takes a little bit longer to get him in. The next available time to bring him in is this Thursday (4/27/17). I am really worried about him, and want to do everything I can to make sure he makes it to Thursday..

I do have my own happy, healthy bearded dragon, so I know the basics. However, I have never dealt with a sick beardie..and need help here.

So here is what's going on with him..he is very clearly dehydrated, lethargic, not eating or drinking on his own, no bowel movements (just urates) and the most worrying...he can't seem to breathe after the few sips he does take. I took a video and will figure out how to link it..but he gapes and throws his head around, takes a big gasp and goes back to gaping. During all of this he is drooling like crazy..
The only thing I can think of is an URI maybe? And I don't know how to help him while he's here..

As far as his other problems, I've given him diluted Pedialyte (1:3), butternut squash baby food, soaked him, set up his tank with 2 heat lamps to make a basking area of 100-105F, hes under a Reptisun 10.0 tube light (same as my other beardie), he can get about 8" from both, but not close enough to harm him.

I have calcium powder (with and without D3) I can mix into his baby food once he gets some more strength. But I feel like all of this is useless if I can't get him to drink safely. I've used the dripping water over the snout before with another dragon, but this guy is really struggling.

Is there anything else that anyone can think of that might help this little guy out? I am willing to try anything. I don't want him to die.

89992-5972028500.jpg
89992-4508743594.jpg
DROOLING/GASPING: https://youtu.be/w_3z23BATkQ

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
motherofbeardies":26ojrkcb said:
So today I brought a bearded dragon home from school, I agreed to watch him over the summer and was going to bring him home mid May, but due to the HORRIBLE care he was getting, and overall lack of attention he was being given I decided to bring him home early and try to get him some help.

Some background info:
-No UVB light
-Teacher doesn't know the age (they've had him for a year and a half) <<<< OMG !!! poor boy, I'd never allow him to go back to the school if that's the total lack of care and lack of love he gets there.
IMO that's bloody disgusting !!!! and no less than abuse.

I am obviously going to take him to the vet ASAP, luckily we have a really good herp vet here who will see and treat him for free, but because of that, it takes a little bit longer to get him in. The next available time to bring him in is this Thursday (4/27/17). I am really worried about him, and want to do everything I can to make sure he makes it to Thursday.. <<<< I think he needs to be seen before then as he's very sick.

I do have my own happy, healthy bearded dragon, so I know the basics. However, I have never dealt with a sick beardie..and need help here.

So here is what's going on with him..he is very clearly dehydrated, lethargic, not eating or drinking on his own, no bowel movements (just urates) and the most worrying...he can't seem to breathe after the few sips he does take. I took a video and will figure out how to link it..but he gapes and throws his head around, takes a big gasp and goes back to gaping. During all of this he is drooling like crazy.. <<<< :( he's not likely to last til Thursday I reckon WITHOUT URGENT INTENSIVE CARE FROM YOU AND A VET , he has a lot of health issues including possibly a nasty RI and he's suffering from lack of nutritious food and calcium and UVA and UVB.....essentially he's been ignored almost to death :(
He needs prescription meds (likely antibiotic injections , maybe an injection of vitD) and if he's got an RI nebulization using F10 will help mostly (if he's only suffering an RI). http://www.meadowsah.com/home/f10-environmental-products.html , I'd be fastidious about washing your hands after handling him else you might cross infect your own beardie, the sick one needs to be an completely different room (an isolation ward if he has an RI as these are highly infectious and can be spread airborn). I'd look at getting some F10 handwipes to keep near his tank and F10SC to use to make up sterilization spray mix (1 part in 200) and for nebulization if you decide or the vet advises you to try it.
http://www.meadowsah.com/home/equipment.html

Keep him warm 24/7 (if you can put a CHE in the tank to keep him warmer than 28oC overnight that will help boost any immune system he still has).

You probably need to force feed him using a feeding syringe and crop needle and get him onto some liquid calcium and critical care carnivore
see
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=232687

These look like good liquid calcium products ( to give orally using an calibrated measuring eyedropper or small syringe with a feeding tube or crop needle on it (to get the stuff into his mouth and if he's too weak to swallow , he needs it given by crop needle directly down his throat into his stomach .... scary prospect but a vet can demonstrate this to you or maybe a more experience bird or reptile keeper).

https://www.petology.com.au/exo-terra-liquid-calcium-magnesium-supplement-120ml
http://www.vetark.co.uk/Shop/Reptiles/Supplements/Zolcal-D-liquid-calcium.aspx
https://www.petland.ca/products/exo-terra-liquid-calcium-magnesium-supplement-for-reptiles-4-fl-oz

I've used VetaFarm CalciVet solution with my rescued skinks and when George broke his arm as little rambunctious juvenile. It is very good and tastes nice, they all loved it's taste.

This is one sick beardie , but he can recover with Two LIVE INSECT MEALS PER DAY (IF he CAN CATCH BUGS and has the strength to chew and swallow them - UNLIKELY AT THIS TIME) or by being FORCED FED twice PER DAY using something like HERPABOOST, or CARNIVORE CRITICAL CARE ór BUGPIE made as a slurry and given to him by feeding syringe and crop/feeding needle , you''ll likely need to give liquid calcium daily orally by syringe (something like CALCIVET).

You can likely get HERPABOOST (or it's equivalent from a good reptile vet) , see http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/vetafarm_herpaboost

I think Oxbow Carnivore Critical Care is only available from vet see
http://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/products/type/detail?object=1609

BugPie can be bought from good pet shops or by mailorder see
https://www.store.repashy.com/by-product-name-en/grub-pie-reptile-en/ , made from BSF maggots and so naturally high in calcium and protein.

Crop Feeding Needles are available from good pet shop or from your vet see
http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/crop_medication_needles_birds?size=348

Don't ditch the bottle of pellets , they are great food for roaches and crickets , and you can in an emergency soak them in water and vet grade liquid calcium and liquid vitamins and make a paste of them to give by feeding syringe and crop needle (you'll likely need a 10 or 8 Gauge crop needle for him for that kind of slurry , the larger bore will make feeding by syringe easier).

The only thing I can think of is an URI maybe? And I don't know how to help him while he's here..

As far as his other problems, I've given him diluted Pedialyte (1:3), butternut squash baby food, soaked him, set up his tank with 2 heat lamps to make a basking area of 100-105F, hes under a Reptisun 10.0 tube light (same as my other beardie), he can get about 8" from both, but not close enough to harm him.

I have calcium powder (with and without D3) I can mix into his baby food once he gets some more strength. But I feel like all of this is useless if I can't get him to drink safely. I've used the dripping water over the snout before with another dragon, but this guy is really struggling.

Is there anything else that anyone can think of that might help this little guy out? I am willing to try anything. I don't want him to die.

89992-5972028500.jpg
89992-4508743594.jpg
<<< Oh you poor boy :( :(
He doesn't appear in the vid to have a black beard , so that's a positive sign ....

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, poor thing!
He probably does have a respiratory infection along with metabolic bone disease due to no UVB exposure.
The Reptisun 10 for now, should be adequate, but you can consider getting a Reptisun 10 T5 or an Arcadia D3 12% T5 tube bulb which are high output tube UVB lights.
Try to keep the humidity down to 20-25% to help alleviate some of the symptoms. Also, if possible, keep the temperature around 80 or so overnight to help boost his immune system.
Does he have the strength to support himself at all for walking or climbing?
What are you measuring his temperatures with, a digital probe or a temp gun?
Definitely continue with the pedialyte & baby food, hopefully eventually it will start to take effect on him. What type of baby food are you using? Go easy on the protein until he starts having regular stools with an acceptable amount of urates to be sure his kidneys are functioning.
Start with squash or sweet potato baby food first. His eyes are a bit puffy, have they appeared that way for awhile?
That can be a genetic trait, or a symptom of heart or kidney issues.
Has he gone to the bathroom recently since you brought him home?
Let us know what the vet says. I understand not being able to get him in until the 27th. Maybe they can work you in sooner?
I am so glad you brought him home, they don't deserve to have him at school.

Let us know how he is doing in the morning.
Tracie

motherofbeardies

Original Poster
Drache613":3ttli767 said:
Hello,

Oh my, poor thing!
He probably does have a respiratory infection along with metabolic bone disease due to no UVB exposure.
The Reptisun 10 for now, should be adequate, but you can consider getting a Reptisun 10 T5 or an Arcadia D3 12% T5 tube bulb which are high output tube UVB lights.
Try to keep the humidity down to 20-25% to help alleviate some of the symptoms. Also, if possible, keep the temperature around 80 or so overnight to help boost his immune system.
Does he have the strength to support himself at all for walking or climbing?
What are you measuring his temperatures with, a digital probe or a temp gun?
Definitely continue with the pedialyte & baby food, hopefully eventually it will start to take effect on him. What type of baby food are you using? Go easy on the protein until he starts having regular stools with an acceptable amount of urates to be sure his kidneys are functioning.
Start with squash or sweet potato baby food first. His eyes are a bit puffy, have they appeared that way for awhile?
That can be a genetic trait, or a symptom of heart or kidney issues.
Has he gone to the bathroom recently since you brought him home?
Let us know what the vet says. I understand not being able to get him in until the 27th. Maybe they can work you in sooner?
I am so glad you brought him home, they don't deserve to have him at school.

Let us know how he is doing in the morning.
Tracie

Thank you so much!!
I've been up checking on him all night, and he made it through! I wasn't sure if he was going to at first. Watching him a little bit more I think he definitely has MBD, he is twitching in his limbs and toes, so it must be pretty severe?

I'm going to call the vet as soon as they open this morning and explain that he is having difficulty breathing, hopefully they can get him in today.

Looking back I'm not sure if the UVB bulb is just the 10.0 or the T5, but I've had this one for a few months so it'll need replaced in no time, I'll just replace both my UVB lights with the T5 or Arcadia D3 12%.

Right now I'm measuring the temps with a temp gun (a rather old one) and the humidity with the stick on tank gauges. (Any good heat guns you would recommend?) I have been keeping the temps in the tank up, at about 80-85F at night and 104F during the day.

Not sure if he can fully support himself, he is very lethargic and I haven't really seen him try much. When he was soaking he did prop himself up a little bit, and did turn himself around on his basking area.

(I know he can move his legs, just not sure how strong they are)

I've only had him for one day, but I went out and bought Gerber butternut squash baby food, watered that down a little bit and he had about 1mL of it. I didn't want to force it on to him, so I let him stop when he was done. I was a bit more persistent on the water and the diluted Pedialyte though, he drank about 5mL of water and 3mL of diluted Pedialyte.

As far as him using the restroom, he "tried" yesterday when I first got him home and soaked him, but it was only urates. Didn't think to snap a picture, but they were white for the most part, just a slight orange tint towards the end. He tried very hard to poop but nothing was coming out, I felt his belly to see if he was maybe impacted, but there was just nothing in his belly, just ribs. He was flat as a pancake...

Poofy eyes, I have a sneaky feeling that they're not genetic. The other dragon he was at school with also had them, and the top of his head is a little swollen as well. They have looked like this for at least the past few months when I started to notice his health going downhill.

And regarding sanitation and making sure he doesn't spread anything to my other beardie, should I wear gloves and just keep washing my hands after I handle him? He is in the same room as my other beardie right now, just because its the warmest room of the house (all my heat lamps) and I want to be able to check on him. I could move my other beardie to another room since she doesn't have any health problems.

Thank you so very much, I'll keep you updated and let you know what the vet says.

motherofbeardies

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2dhgv1qj said:
motherofbeardies":2dhgv1qj said:

Some background info:
-No UVB light
-Teacher doesn't know the age (they've had him for a year and a half) <<<< OMG !!! poor boy, I'd never allow him to go back to the school if that's the total lack of care and lack of love he gets there.
IMO that's bloody disgusting !!!! and no less than abuse.

I am obviously going to take him to the vet ASAP, luckily we have a really good herp vet here who will see and treat him for free, but because of that, it takes a little bit longer to get him in. The next available time to bring him in is this Thursday (4/27/17). I am really worried about him, and want to do everything I can to make sure he makes it to Thursday.. <<<< I think he needs to be seen before then as he's very sick.

So here is what's going on with him..he is very clearly dehydrated, lethargic, not eating or drinking on his own, no bowel movements (just urates) and the most worrying...he can't seem to breathe after the few sips he does take. I took a video and will figure out how to link it..but he gapes and throws his head around, takes a big gasp and goes back to gaping. During all of this he is drooling like crazy.. <<<< :( he's not likely to last til Thursday I reckon WITHOUT URGENT INTENSIVE CARE FROM YOU AND A VET , he has a lot of health issues including possibly a nasty RI and he's suffering from lack of nutritious food and calcium and UVA and UVB.....essentially he's been ignored almost to death :(
He needs prescription meds (likely antibiotic injections , maybe an injection of vitD) and if he's got an RI nebulization using F10 will help mostly (if he's only suffering an RI). http://www.meadowsah.com/home/f10-environmental-products.html , I'd be fastidious about washing your hands after handling him else you might cross infect your own beardie, the sick one needs to be an completely different room (an isolation ward if he has an RI as these are highly infectious and can be spread airborn). I'd look at getting some F10 handwipes to keep near his tank and F10SC to use to make up sterilization spray mix (1 part in 200) and for nebulization if you decide or the vet advises you to try it.
http://www.meadowsah.com/home/equipment.html

Keep him warm 24/7 (if you can put a CHE in the tank to keep him warmer than 28oC overnight that will help boost any immune system he still has).

You probably need to force feed him using a feeding syringe and crop needle and get him onto some liquid calcium and critical care carnivore
see
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=232687

These look like good liquid calcium products ( to give orally using an calibrated measuring eyedropper or small syringe with a feeding tube or crop needle on it (to get the stuff into his mouth and if he's too weak to swallow , he needs it given by crop needle directly down his throat into his stomach .... scary prospect but a vet can demonstrate this to you or maybe a more experience bird or reptile keeper).

https://www.petology.com.au/exo-terra-liquid-calcium-magnesium-supplement-120ml
http://www.vetark.co.uk/Shop/Reptiles/Supplements/Zolcal-D-liquid-calcium.aspx
https://www.petland.ca/products/exo-terra-liquid-calcium-magnesium-supplement-for-reptiles-4-fl-oz

I've used VetaFarm CalciVet solution with my rescued skinks and when George broke his arm as little rambunctious juvenile. It is very good and tastes nice, they all loved it's taste.

This is one sick beardie , but he can recover with Two LIVE INSECT MEALS PER DAY (IF he CAN CATCH BUGS and has the strength to chew and swallow them - UNLIKELY AT THIS TIME) or by being FORCED FED twice PER DAY using something like HERPABOOST, or CARNIVORE CRITICAL CARE ór BUGPIE made as a slurry and given to him by feeding syringe and crop/feeding needle , you''ll likely need to give liquid calcium daily orally by syringe (something like CALCIVET).

You can likely get HERPABOOST (or it's equivalent from a good reptile vet) , see http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/vetafarm_herpaboost

I think Oxbow Carnivore Critical Care is only available from vet see
http://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/products/type/detail?object=1609

BugPie can be bought from good pet shops or by mailorder see
https://www.store.repashy.com/by-product-name-en/grub-pie-reptile-en/ , made from BSF maggots and so naturally high in calcium and protein.

Crop Feeding Needles are available from good pet shop or from your vet see
http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/crop_medication_needles_birds?size=348

Don't ditch the bottle of pellets , they are great food for roaches and crickets , and you can in an emergency soak them in water and vet grade liquid calcium and liquid vitamins and make a paste of them to give by feeding syringe and crop needle (you'll likely need a 10 or 8 Gauge crop needle for him for that kind of slurry , the larger bore will make feeding by syringe easier).

89992-5972028500.jpg
89992-4508743594.jpg
<<< Oh you poor boy :( :(
He doesn't appear in the vid to have a black beard , so that's a positive sign ....

------------------------------------------------------
I have been washing my hands, however he is in the same room as my other beardie for right now just because it is the warmest room in the house and I want to make sure the ambient temps in his tank stay up. I could move my healthy animals? I have a beardie and a ball python in here with him currently.

I am trying to get him into the vet today since he is clearly having issues breathing.

He has been taking the water and Pedialyte rather easily, and took the little bit of baby food I gave him, so I'm not worried about his lack of appetite or having to force feed him, I think he is just too weak to eat on his own right now.

Thank you again so much, if there is anything else you can think of please let me know!

motherofbeardies

Original Poster
****little update*****

I got him into the vet this morning, he will probably be there for a couple days but they should be updating me throughout his stay. They put him in an incubator as soon as we got there, and I told them about the gasping for air and drooling, along with the twitching. I'm not sure what their procedure is, but they're AAHA accredited, and even the secretary at the front desk knew a lot about beardies so I'm hoping he's in good hands..

They also suspect a RI and MBD.

I'll post any other information I get back.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
motherofbeardies":3vlex0lu said:
****little update*****

I got him into the vet this morning, he will probably be there for a couple days but they should be updating me throughout his stay. They put him in an incubator as soon as we got there, and I told them about the gasping for air and drooling, along with the twitching. I'm not sure what their procedure is, but they're AAHA accredited, and even the secretary at the front desk knew a lot about beardies so I'm hoping he's in good hands..

I'm glad he survived the night .... and you got him in to see the vet as an urgent case .... Here's hoping he pulls through and they can get him on the road to recovery and good health.

I must say this .... I am mighty pissed off that the school teachers and staff at that school have allowed this pair of gentle lizards to get to such a state through shear indifference and lack of caring (I'd call it cruelty !!) , and that no one there bothered to make any effort to provide even the basic minimums of care and husbandry required for these dragons to survive with anything remotely like a good quality of life .... bloody disgusting.... kudos to you for stepping up and rescuing him , NEVER EVER TAKE HIM BACK THERE.

Maybe you should rescue / confiscate the other one too , or at least get a local rescuer take it and care for it as I'd hate to think of how maltreated that one is even if it is likely the dominant In the pair.
It sounds like it is in a bad way too.

I'd be taking this up with the school's headmaster and PTA as well as this situation is BAD.

Cleaning hands and tank and keeping the germs from spreading to your pet.
Already posted but here you are
I'd look at getting some F10 handwipes to keep near his tank and F10SC to use to make up sterilization spray mix (1 part in 200).
Essentially diuted F10 is sprayed on all the surfaces in the sick lizard's tank and it's left to stand and air dry for 30 minutes and any remaining residue F10 is simply wiped up with a clean dry piece of kitchen grade paper towel ==> All done (no more germs).

motherofbeardies

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2nxzlr53 said:
motherofbeardies":2nxzlr53 said:
****little update*****

I'm glad he survived the night .... and you got him in to see the vet as an urgent case .... Here's hoping he pulls through and they can get him on the road to recovery and good health.

I must say this .... I am mighty pissed off that the school teachers and staff at that school have allowed this pair of gentle lizards to get to such a state through shear indifference and lack of caring (I'd call it cruelty !!) , and that no one there bothered to make any effort to provide even the basic minimums of care and husbandry required for these dragons to survive with anything remotely like a good quality of life .... bloody disgusting.... kudos to you for stepping up and rescuing him , NEVER EVER TAKE HIM BACK THERE.

Maybe you should rescue / confiscate the other one too , or at least get a local rescuer take it and care for it as I'd hate to think of how maltreated that one is even if it is likely the dominant In the pair.
It sound like it is in a bad way too.

I'd be taking this up with the school's headmaster and PTA as well as this situation is BAD.

Cleaning hands and tank and keeping the germs from spreading to your pet.
Already posted but here you are
I'd look at getting some F10 handwipes to keep near his tank and F10SC to use to make up sterilization spray mix (1 part in 200).
Essentially diuted F10 is sprayed on all the surfaces in the sick lizard's tank and it's left to stand and air dry for 30 minutes and any remaining residue F10 is simply wiped up with a clean dry piece of kitchen grade paper towel ==> All done (no more germs).

I know, it makes me sick how poorly these beardies have been treated. I've been wanting to take them home for a few months now, so I signed up to take him for the summer. I luckily got one of them, and I do not plan on ever taking him back. I know there have been students who have had animals over the summer and never returned them, he doesn't seem to mad. Depending on the situation, I may just ask if I can take the beardie off his hands permanently, or even buy it from him. There are too many animals for him to take proper care of. I specifically asked for the beardie that was in worse condition, I just want to give him a chance.

I will definitely be doing a deep cleaning of the little guy's tank while he is at the vet. The teacher had him in an old tortoise tank, with aspen bedding (go figure)... I don't know the last time is has been cleaned out. I have some store bought reptile tank disinfectant that I will use until I order the F10 solution. Depending on what the results are from the vet, I may set up a separate space for him, just so I can make sure it stays as clean as possible, and away from my healthy reptiles.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is so wonderful he is taking some food & fluids, what a trooper he is. Does he seem to like the squash?
I am glad you are not going to return him to the school. It's terrible that they didn't take care of him, at all. I'm happy he made it through the night!
I am sure his back leg strength is lacking the poor guy!
Let us know how he is doing. I hope they are able to help him out.

Tracie

motherofbeardies

Original Poster
*****UPDATE******

We are now calling the little guy "Laz." I got a call from the reptile vet yesterday afternoon, he basically said

- He is SEVERELY malnourished
- Has slight MBD, but good bone development and no fractures. (Blood tests pending)
- No RI
- Probably parasites (couldn't get a fecal)
- They think he may of had an aneurysm at some point. (swollen eyes, head, twitching)

They said keep syringe feeding baby food and the Pedialyte mixture, they gave him fluids while he was there, a couple injections (not sure of what), gave him a dewormer. Vet said the best thing I can do right now is get easily digestible food in him, to get his digestive system going again (baby food, greens, wax worms).
He said that there is sort of a breaking point during starvation where the lifespan is permanently shortened, and he thinks Laz hit that breaking point, and at this point we can get him healthy, happy and comfortable for the rest of his life, however long that may be.

The vet also mentioned a couple other things that could be going on, like liver disease, but won't know until the blood results come back.

I have to give in antibiotic injections 3 times a day, for a total of 7 treatments. He goes back in for another round of dewormer in 2 weeks, and then a checkup in 6 weeks.

To everyones surprise, he actually pooped as soon as I got him in the car to go home. So I took him back in to see if they could do a fecal. I've never seen people so excited over beardie poo, but it was kind of a relief to know that he can digest and pass food.

Other than all that, you can tell he has perked up so much already, he is much more alert, WAS WALKING AROUND HIS TANK, and even tried to catch a wax worm last night. I have a lot of hope in him, I can tell he's got some spunk. I'll update if anything changes, and when the blood work and fecal come in.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
My, he's a fighter.

I returned to this thread with trepidation, I was scared it would be bad news.

He's very lucky you brought him home....

An aneurism is not good (I lost Puff to an aneurism , believed to be a birth defect).

motherofbeardies

Original Poster
I was very scared when the vet called me back yesterday.

But yes, he is definitely a fighter.
They think it could also just be pockets of fluid in the head caused by stress and his poor nutrition..but they said an aneurysm could be a possibility, especially with everything else that's wrong with him. The vet referred to him as having a "slurry" of problems, and that's never encouraging.

I'm sorry to hear about Puff, I had never even heard of beardies having aneurysms until yesterday..

Thanks for checking in on Laz again:)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, poor Laz, I am sorry for all of the issues. I am hoping it isn't an aneurism but instead just renal or liver which could be somewhat fixed.
If he has already perked up some, that is promising. Go easy on the protein for a short bit to be sure his kidneys are working well. How much urate did he have?
At least he is with someone who loves him, no matter what happens now.
Feel free to post the blood test results here, I would like to view them.
Try to keep him around 80 or so overnight to help boost his immune system.

Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, good to hear that Laz is doing a wee bit better. :) Lots of TLC, as little stress as possible and some good nutrition should help him out. The bulging eyes are not the worst I've see and are usually caused by kidney + heart issues having to do with lack of hydration + nutrients. I doubt aneurysm has anything to do with both eyes being equally swollen.

Has the vet said what the 3 X a day antibiotx injections are for ? You want to know why he is beng given those. I've never heard of 3 shots a day. I'd be very leery of giving him painful shots that can in themselves cause a wound at the injection site as well as more painful + stiff muscles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom