Blood in stool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassiebirdak

I got a full grown beardie about a month ago. She's been a bit off her feeding the last few days, she'll eat a bit of her veggies throughout the day, and maybe one or two crickets. I was letting her run around the living room today band she pooped, just a tiny bit, but when I went to wipe it up, I think there was some blood in it? It was just a couple spots of pink/red, but now I'm freaking out?
Her basking temp is about 95-105, and the cool side is at 80. She gets regular baths, daily rn beacause she's shedding.
IDK what to do rn, I'm about ready to take her to the vet cuse im freaking out, but I'm close to being broke.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did her stool smell really bad or was it runny?
What kind of supplementation & vitamins do you give her?
If she had to strain any or had a hard urate that would be enough to perhaps cause a bit of blood.
Try increasing her fluids some, in case she is a little dehydrated. You can also get some canned pumpkin & sugar free applesauce to mix with a drop or two of coconut or olive oil to give to her. If she is a little backed up that can help move things through a little.
Are you using a good UVB Light for her & what type of thermometer are you using to measure the temperatures?

Tracie

cassiebirdak

Original Poster
Drache613":3runw8zx said:
Hello,

Did her stool smell really bad or was it runny?
What kind of supplementation & vitamins do you give her?
If she had to strain any or had a hard urate that would be enough to perhaps cause a bit of blood.
Try increasing her fluids some, in case she is a little dehydrated. You can also get some canned pumpkin & sugar free applesauce to mix with a drop or two of coconut or olive oil to give to her. If she is a little backed up that can help move things through a little.
Are you using a good UVB Light for her & what type of thermometer are you using to measure the temperatures?

Tracie
It's not runny, but her poops have smelled bad since I got her.
She gets calcium powder with D3 on her squash, but she hasn't been eating as much the last week and a half or so. She all but stopped eating the crickets about 5ish days ago. She'll eat one or two then ignore them. She did the same thing with superworms until I switched her to the crickets and she was eating those fine. Till she didn't.
I'm using a Powersun UV bulb. I think 160W but I really don't remember. I'll check once its cooled off.I have an electric thermometer on her basking site, and I use a IR thermometer as well.
She's been getting baths more of less daily for the last week and half or so cause she started to shed. She drinks the water while she's in there as well as the dish I leave in her cage.
I didn't think she was backed up, she's been pooping regularly. Kinda why I freaked out so bad when I noticed the blood. I'll try the apple sauce though. See if she'll even take it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It would probably be a good idea to get a fecal done on her just to be sure she doesn't have a heavy load of worms or parasites.
Especially since she has had issues since you got her & has reduced appetite, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom