Trouble with peep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeps

[ximg]87949 3047412494[/ximg][ximg]87949 2031313712[/ximg]
Many of you know peep haha by seeing my posts. She is still not eating on her own by that I mean she isnt attacked stuff. She will lick the critical care that i put on her nose and she will poop the next day I'll upload a pic of her poo let me know if its normal her pee is always watery im not sure if thats because she drinks everyday and is well hydrated. Her poo is well formed it looks like. She jas had a fecal done no parasites and no physical signs of problems. Shes lost a bit of weight but not a ton she still looks healthy to me. I'll upload a photo of her and her enclosure its a 40 gal with a 100 watt bulb basking temp=105 cool=75-80 depending (new england weather haha)
[ximg]87949 5304158251[/ximg]
her UVB is still new its a 15 watt (not sure what brand oops but if i need to know ill find it) she basks daily after she licks her food but she wont eat on her own Almost like shes lazy. Been giving her little probiotic perscribed by the vet everyday hoping it'll help her stomach maybe increase appetite but no luck. Any help would be nice she is not suffering she's active and happy running around. Just let me know if the poo looks normal or if anyone has had the same issue with not eating but everything is normal as far as they know. If i HAVE to i will get a blood test. Its 200$ im 18 And have a part time job and barely work it sucks but if i have to i will oh and the only vet around here sucks. Oh her tail looks lighter im not sure if its shed or something else. She might be calcium deprived to ive been doing good to add calcium to the food and move her uvb right above her basking area. [ximg]87949 4042750714[/ximg][ximg]87949 3030291996[/ximg][ximg]87949 3139439528[/ximg]

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
wellthat's good that you took her for a fecal test + it's clear so you can rule that out. :) It's too bad everything is so expensive with vets, most reptile owners are shocked when they find out ! Is her uvb bulb a long tube or a coil/compact ? If it's not a good uvb bulb she may not be getting enough uvb. Do you take her outside in the sun ? That can make up for not having a good bulb until you can get one, but never take her out in a glass tank....if you use a large plastic tote be sure it's partlt shaded + you check on her.

Her poo looks O.K, pretty normal to have some water in it. Does she eat greens ? Try dandelion, collards, turnip, mustard, escarole and some squash. If you could make a smoothie out of those, try that. If she doesn't like the taste try adding a bit of raw honey or natural [ no sugar added ] juice like dark cherry,strawberry or grape.

She is getting a bit thin in her tail so if she continues to lose weight you should have her checked by an experienced reptile vet.

Peeps

Original Poster
She has Gastric Neuroendocrine Carcinoma a malignant tumour in her stomach.. iMm going to pit her down today she doesnt seem in pain and it's kilking me right now. I'm in a lot of emotional distress.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, I'm so, so so sorry. :( I know that you are devastated. :cry: There have been numerous young dragons dying from cancer, I wonder if the vets have any idea why this is happening.

My sincere condolences to you, this is such a heartbreak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom