Remember my Pixie girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppycut

Hatchling Member
Hi beardie family,
I have a few questions about what's going on with her. She I believe is going to shed. Do they stop eating feeders if this is happening? She is eating her greens and squash and other goodies. Just doesn't want any hornworms.
Thoughts?

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Their appetite can slow a bit if they are in shed. Would you want to keep eating if your skin felt too small? :p

Also, are you only feeding your dragon hornworms as feeders?

Puppycut

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I got her mealworms and supers also. She's just not very hungry. I'm soaking her daily to try Andhelp her shed. She has a weird spot on her tail. I want to upload a few pics of it.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Puppycut":gu9r32c1 said:
I got her mealworms and supers also. She's just not very hungry. I'm soaking her daily to try Andhelp her shed. She has a weird spot on her tail. I want to upload a few pics of it.

Mealworms and superworms aren't good feeders, I would only use them as treats. Hornworms are okay, but still not the best out there. Dubias, crickets, BSFL, and silkworms are much better :D

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Definitely a nice patchy shed there.
Shedding can sometimes make them eat less, but not usually deter them from all food. Sometimes they can go through picky phases, and she may be sick of hornworms. Wanting her veggies isn't a bad thing :D

As mentioned, mealworms and superworms are not a great food staple, especially mealworms. If you are going to mix up her feeders, do as mentioned and look to dubia roaches, crickets, silkworms, BSFL, and maybe some treat bugs like some wax worms or butterworms to feed on occasion as a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom