Bearded dragon tail blackening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fscarr9

Hello! I bought a fancy baby bearded dragon about 3 weeks ago from petco, and he's been fine, active, eats alot etc... but recently he started to shed his body, after he did that, his tail became les colored, eventually he sheded the tail as well, but ever since his tail has went from hinormal body color to a darkened version. I have no idea why or what that means, can someone help?
91857-9219900337.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, a darker tail is pretty common, nothing to worry about unless it begins to shrivel.

Fscarr9

Original Poster
AHBD":2zce26dd said:
Hi there, a darker tail is pretty common, nothing to worry about unless it begins to shrivel.
Okay awesome! I was so worried for my little guy lol.

Hey! That's nothing to worry about. I have a fancy as well, and I noticed her tail blackening gradually until it was dark gray at the end, just like yours. I was worried, I thought her tail was dying! But then after a week or two I noticed the skin on her tail starting to lift. It's just a shed, completely normal.
If your beardie does ever have a shriveled, dead-looking tail, then you should worry.
But right now, you can relax. In a little while that tail will start to shed and reveal her regular colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom