*update passed away* Still sick and getting worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
So my girl seemed to perk up and right herself for a bit. She didn't eat much but I assumed it was due to wanting to supers and baby food instead of roaches.

Fast forward to now: she's eating maybe one roach per day, sometimes two and sometimes skipping a couple of days altogether. She's not emaciated, but she visibly lost weight. She will rarely drink water. She's bordering on lethargic. Sometimes she'll move around a bit and prop on her hut, but most of the time just lays in a corner. The vet says there's nothing wrong with her, all tests came back clear, and that she's most likely either going to get hungry enough to eat or starve herself.

I just have her a warm shallow bath to try and get her to drink and she just laid there. When I put her back up she went to turn around and rolled onto her side and just laid here. She didn't right herself for probably 30seconds.

Does anyone have experience with something like this? Both vets I've taken her too have both run tests and they are all clear. And both came back with similar diagnosis. Her temps on bask side range from 94-107 and cool side 78-83. Her t5 uvb is still new. I've even tried repta-boost and nothing.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor girl. It does sound like she's not feeling well. Did the vets run a blood test? Anything out of the ordinary in a blood test might shed some light on an underlying issue that isn't visible. I'd say focus on keeping her hydrated but if she's not going for the water there isn't a whole lot to do. Maybe take her out in the sunshine and see if that helps perk her up at all.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She was doing pretty good about drinking water up until about a week ago and then just stopped. Now she won't drink but maybe two drops and she's done. Yeah they did a blood test and a fecal and they were both clear. The one vet suggested she could have brain/neuron disorder that just suddenly onset or maybe she fell and got brain damage. Nothing showed on scans though. When she does eat she is pooping just fine too so it's not an impaction. But she's pooping and just laying in it until I can get to her.

Idk what to do. I don't want her to suffer. I've gotten her out to run around and after a few steps she just lays down and goes to sleep wherever she is at. Oh and outside is a no go. She absolutely flips out and goes berserk. Black beards and tries to bite anything near her.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Can you post a video showing her walking, like put her on the floor of her tank to see her movement ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How about window time or time under a basking lamp outside of the tank? Maybe some middle level of mental stimulation will get her acting more alert.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'll try to get a video of her walking this evening. It's still wonky but better than the last video.

I don't have any good windows for basking but I'll set out her bask light and see if she'll go for it. It claps perfectly onto my nightstand pulls and gives a perfect height too

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wish I had more to offer. Definitely an odd case. Maybe the others will have some good thoughts. Did the vet test for atadenovirus?

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah we both assumed maybe adeno and it was negative. I have her sitting under a basking light right now and she hasn't moved and can barely hold her head up.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, this is puzzling. I wonder if Bee Pollen would help her out. You can read more about it here: http://bug-de-lite.com/store/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=Bee_Pollen

I wanted to ask is how close is the T5 bulb to her when she is in her basking spot? Is the UVB and basking bulb right alongside each other so she can get the benefit of both bulbs at the same time? When she is in her tank, where does she spend most of her time?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, poor girl...there's definitely something very wrong. :( I agree that it could be neurological and I think the bee pollen is a good idea. A vitamin deficiency could cause some problems so the pollen may benefit her. I know it must be so hard for you to see her like this. Hopefully there will be improvement with the pollen. Was she on any other vitamins/supplements in the past, if so what kind + how much ?

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I am going to have another vet do an ADV test to be sure or send off for one. She's always gotten calcium +D3 on probably 80% of her feeds. The only bugs that didn't get atleast some coating were the hand fed ones. I had actually thought of anything maybe she'd gotten too much of the supplements, but I've since then heard, read, and been told that thats near impossible And That problems are usually due to a deficiency.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes I'm sure she had enough D3, sometimes there can be too much given though if the uvb bulbs are strong but it's not very common. I'm just wondering if there might be a vit. B deficiency [ through no fault of yours, we can all develop vit. deficiency, I've had one myself ] But if so the bee pollen will help because it has B and other vitamins.

But it might be good to use a little less D3 just in case there was too much in her diet. I posted an article in the general + the feeding forum that contains info about D3 overdosing. Just a thought to throw out there.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She just had what I assume are several seizures back to back. Her whole head violently jerks and she's almost rolled onto her side(butt and back feet flat but front rolling). This definitely doesn't look like MBD twitches, it's much more extreme.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh how terrible ! :( Can you get her to the vet ASAP and inquire about possible D3 overdose or possible B deficiency ? B deficiecy can cause those symptoms, including seizures in humans. So sorry you're going through this !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom