Bearded dragon female not eating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tupaco11

My bearded dragon allies has not been eating much at all for a month now. She had parasites and has been treated by vet 2x l. I've tried pedalyte, I'm feeding though syringe currently, I've ordered acidophilus+ (hoping this does the trick), and I'm bathing daily

2 things I've notied

1: laying away from basking light til manually moved under it, I thought it was brumation but vet told me no.
2. Poop lacks white part and is very small, she is kept well hydrated and I'm scared about this.
She has a duo fixtures with a uva and uvb
Her temperature is around 98-101
Humidity is 45-50
She's about 1 yr old
She's in a 20 gallon currently (I'm still building 50 gallon for her and sister((they both have own cages out of sight)))
Her diet was supers crickets and mustard greens
She is bigger than sister (just in case yall needed to know
I am though concerned that there is a vent above cage I don't feel it hitting her cage though. I'll post pictures In a follow-up

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. They need a bright white basking light. Those red lights distort their vision. Second those coil/compact bulbs cause appetite, lethargy and eye issues. You definitely want to replace that with a reptisun 10.0 long tube t5 or t8. The t8 is the older version so that'll need to be mounted in the tank. The t5 is stronger and can go on top of the mesh.

Tupaco11

Original Poster
How much are t5 and t8 cause I'm not that rich
Also I'll get on those white lights asap will she be OK for another day or 2 with it

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Yes She'll be fine for a few days. What I have in my tank is a light fixture from Walmart. The ones you use for p!ants and then I have it mounted with command hooks. Its a t8. Those you can get on pet mountain or Dr Foster smith. I however would get a slime line fixture and a t5. I use a halogen flood light bulb. However on those sites I mentioned you can probably get a good basking bulb for same price if not cheaper. :D Those light fixture sometimes have a plastic cover over the bulb. Make sure you take it off.

Tupaco11

Original Poster
destiny1998":fvt5b17t said:
Yes She'll be fine for a few days. What I have in my tank is a light fixture from Walmart. The ones you use for p!ants and then I have it mounted with command hooks. Its a t8. Those you can get on pet mountain or Dr Foster smith. I however would get a slime line fixture and a t5. I use a halogen flood light bulb. However on those sites I mentioned you can probably get a good basking bulb for same price if not cheaper. :D Those light fixture sometimes have a plastic cover over the bulb. Make sure you take it off.

I've found my uro's extra 75w white basking light so I'm good in that department I'll go check Walmart and home Depot for cheap t8's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom