Bendy Wrist Toes Curled Up PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ijzides

Hi guys,
I have a 6 month old Beardie named Zoe. The past 2 weeks, I noticed that her wrist kept on bending back when she was laying down. When I pick up her good leg up (so she has to move her other leg back to normal) when she puts it back it twitches. Her temps are correct, and her UVB is a reptisun 10.0 T5, It is mounted inside the cage. It is about 107-110 in there with the 150 watt bulb raised. I need to go out and get the hundred watt bulb. I think she might be avoiding the UVB and hiding in the cool places in her cage. I give her calcium 5 days a week on the 50 Dubia roaches that she gets daily. I give her collard greens and butternut squash every other day. I think that she might have beginning stages of MBD. Is there anyway that I can fix that at home without having to bring her to the vet? I just spent $110 on roaches, and the vet prices around here are ridiculous! Is there any way to reverse it or help her? Please help!
full

full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, their toes can look like that, it's not MBD. An occasional twitch and the foot bent back doesn't mean anything either, those are normal behaviors. The basking spot is a bit too hot, 100-105 is fine. Once you get the heat down a bit she might bask more. Keep offering calcium on her food and she should be fine.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
I would get your temps down and make sure you have a proper temperature gradient in her tank, cold side, hot side, and basking area. Also, make sure the UVB and her basking light are side by side so she gets them both at the same time. I don't know how large an enclosure she has but a 150w basking bulb is probably too hot, I use a 100w and my tank is 48X24x24.

Also, at her age she should be getting calcium dusted food every single day, whether it be on her feeders or on her salad. She should also be getting a multivitamin every other day in addition to the calcium, but do not limit her calcium until she is at least a year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom