impaction, possibly mbd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessika909

Hey guys... I had a friend drop off a young bearded dragon last night... i was told he was recovering from an impaction. After some research, i'm not sure that's the issue... i'm simply fostering this little guy for a few days till my sister can bring him home, but i'd like to make sure i'm providing the best care possible. I was told he was on a puree diet and was given a bottle of Repashy superfoods grub pie, i was told she couldnt find hia calcium supplement... is there enough calcium in this prepared mixed food, how else can i make sure he's getting enough calcium... he's quite small so he needs a lot right? His back legs are completely paralysed and he sleeps a lot, i havent been able to get him to eat more than a bite or two of food today. Any help or pointers you guys can offer would be amazing, thanks :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The grub pie is good. He will require high quality lighting as well. Since he's only with you for a couple of days it won't make sense to order something special but I'd ensure your sister has a good T5 UVB tube ready for him. Is it warm out where you are? Perhaps you could bring him outside for some natural sunlight. That helps quite a bit if it's an option. He will probably need a vet visit and possibly liquid calcium to help strengthen his bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom