What is this? Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlunaticx

86494-8375040874.jpg

So my beardie always had a normal poop. But for the last week it changed, he's still eating the same. What does this mean? Please help.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Could there be anything causing him stress? Have you changed anything about his viv, food, etc?

The only thing I can think of aside from that would be parasites. I would take a fresh poo (or refridgerated day-old poo) in to a vet to have a fecal done. They will test for parasites.

xlunaticx

Original Poster
I wouldn't know anything about stress. He's been eating the same and everything is the same.. I'm woried that this is parasites too..

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Stress in a beardie can occur if anything about their housing, routine, lighting, daylight schedule, or food is changed. It's pretty common and will subside soon.

I would be proactive and take in a poo sample to a vet. If he tests positive for parasites, they will give you a course of deworming medication. You will want to order a probiotic to give your dragon as well, to help maintain the good bacteria in his gut. Here is where I get mine:

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Acid.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom