Bearded dragon's eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtrivken

The last week or so I've noticed that our bearded dragons eyes started to look sunken in, and the lower eye lid is dark. Is this normal? He's been active, eats plenty, and runs around still. Anyone have any ideas? Here's a picture of the little guy.
90805-875925241.jpg

Jtrivken

Original Poster
Usually every other day or so, he doesn't drink a lot of water in his dish... and I'm not sure how to get him to drink it either. I'll bathe him every day to see if that helps when he gets in the water he usually takes a sip or two and swims around a bit.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

His eyes look kind of like they are going to shed.
When you bathe him, be sure not to leave him unattended because babies can drown so quickly!
He is very cute & small, too. If his eyes seem a little irritated, then you can try getting some sterile saline solution to put in his eyes daily to see if that helps out.

Tracie

Jtrivken

Original Poster
It's been a few days, and the girlfriend and I are bathing him every day.

He's still growing a lot and has been shedding often, but his eye is still looking saggy.

90805-7811857108.jpg

90805-2723365701.jpg

I for sure don't leave this little guy alone, we put him in a small container with a wet cloth for him to swim onto. (he's also a runner, you leave this guy unattended for a second and he tries to climb everything in the apartment)

I know some people have said eye problems often happen because of bulbs, we are using a solarglow 125 w.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
I was always told that juvenilles need to be bathed or dripped water daily. My girl, who's still pretty young, gets a bath every day. Sometimes she drinks in it, sometimes she doesn't. This is where she has her BMs. (Obviously we don't let her drink soiled water.) But we do drip water onto her nose to hydrate her 1-2 times daily. I think your little guy is likely still dehydrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom