Really worried about my beardies tail. PLEASE HELP !

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaiderBeardie

I'm new to here to the Bearded Dragon community. My new baby has had his tail like this for about a month.  I am worried this could be tail rot. The very end as you can see in pic seems like it's coming off or cut.
90795-7822175175.jpg
90795-423081327.jpg
90795-4757638969.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did you click the XIMG to upload the pictures onto here?
How long has the tail been looking off & did he injure it somehow?

Tracie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It does look damaged at the end. I'd keep a close eye on the area. It may just stay that way and be fine, it may come off cleanly during a shed. Make sure you don't see an open wound if it does come off. In that case you'll want to keep it clean and apply plain neosporin or manuka honey to help protect it from infection until it heals over. If the area appears to be moving up his tail then I'd seek out an experienced reptile vet. If it's moving up the tail then it may be an infection that needs to be stopped before it spreads too far. This type of injury is fairly common and isn't likely to cause a long term problem. Just keep an eye out for the scenarios I described so you can take appropriate action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom