My beardies eye is very bulging is this ok? What should I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dro4007

So I just got this bearded dragon and the lady said he needed speacial need such as feeding him which is fine because I have been teaching he has been getting a lot better at it but she said that his eye gets really sticky and that I have to clean it every once and while and that his eyes get bulging but I just read about that and that it's perfectly fine but now his eye is very bad and the bulging part is very swollen now and much more noticeable what should I do
90780-7898612232.jpg

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Normal eye buldging is when they sort of "puff" out their eyes but they go back in and open normally after. Some dragons have sortof buggy eyes and that can be genetic. However problems like nutrient imbalance, infection, bad lights and such can cause bulging/swollen eyes, especially if it's just one side. If you go over your setup we can help make suggestions if needed.

Personally I would take the lizard to a good vet to get him checked out. If the eye is infected it would need treatment. Recently there was a vet who wrote up about a dragon with a buggy eye that turned out to be a jaw infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom