Bearded Dragon stopped eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack1

Hi,
I am a newer bearded dragon owner with a male bearded dragon. I got him in January from a pet store and has been doing fine till the last few days. He weighs 108 grams and is about a foot in length(Head to tail). He often has a weird poop schedule, such as every other day or every 3 days. I give him baths at least 3 times a week and mist his cage twice a day. He has 3 lights, 1st Reptisun 10.0 UVB, 2nd ExoTerra Daytime Heat Lamp 60W, 3rd ZooMed Repti Basking Spot Lamp. Temps normally range from 100-105 in basking area to 80-85 in cool area. His diet consists of dubia roaches and collard greens(which he is not fond of). 4 days ago he wouldn't eat for me, which is weird because he is normally very excited to eat. The next day he ate around 15 roaches and then again wouldn't eat. Today he ate around 8 roaches and now refuses to eat. He pooped yesterday but hasn't today. He has also become grayer in color and some of his stress marks have reappeared on his belly. I have been told he could be going into shed but is this something more serious?

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like he's going to shed to me. Shedding can be stressful and irritating to dragons and cause them to not really have an appetite, some more than others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom