Completely stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBLopez33

Well my beardie sadly isn't doing better, after a little encounter with impaction zekes never been the same. He hasn't grown much and doesn't eat much. He shows no stress marks or black beard to signify his discomfort but its like i know he's hurting. He doesn't move much and his hind legs have no life in them, they dangle and just don't move. His back has a decent sized hump in it and he just barely can move, i give him baths regularly, try small crickets, calcium liquid, pedialyt, etc. and he just won't change. I have no idea what to do for him

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I'm really sorry to hear about Zeke's situation. This must be so hard for you to see happen to your beardie. :( How tall is your tank ? I read in the other thread that it's an Exo terra 20 gallon. How close is the uvb to him ? If your uvb is a Reptisun 10.0, that's a decent bulb but if the tank is more then 14" high you'll need to mount the bulb inside for him to benefit from it. If it's warm where you live can you take him out in the sun ? Just set in the grass with him or put him on your lap.

Is there any way he could be impacted again ? Will he eat any type of bug as his favorite, like hornworms or silkworms ? If you have crickets or roaches you can try smashing one and lightly rubbing the guts on his snout, that sometimes works. I see that ypou are giving Pedialyte baths, that's not going to do anything for his condition and is just an extra chore + expense for you. You can keep offering nutritious smoothies or baby food squash + green beans to keep him eating. I feel really bad for you + Zeke + hope that he might perk up a bit and regain more movement.

IBLopez33

Original Poster
the tank is just about a foot high, but i move him onto a taller rock that is under his UVB bulb so hes about 8 inches away from his UVB bulb. He takes crickets at times but not all the time, sadly i live in Connecticut and its winter so taking him outside isn't an option right now. I still try to take him out and see if he will get curious again and run around or search as he used to but he seems to be so lethargic that he just lays there and doesn't really want to move. Its very tough to understand whats happening and how to help, almost to the point where i want to give him to someone that can really help him. Its a sad thought because he is my first beardie but i love zeke too much to let him be this way :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry to hear your dragon has not improved much for you. It's hard seeing them have such a hard time. :cry:
Are you sure that he doesn't have metabolic bone disease also?
How often do you give supplementation to him? Does the Reptisn 10 tube bulb have the plastic covering over the tube or not & is it mounted on top of or underneath of the screen?
What type of basking light are you using, is it a bright white light also?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom