I'm worried about my new beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzay

I got my first bearded dragon last Saturday from PetSmart, I named it Kamani and I put Kamani in his 30 gallon tank Sunday evening. I got a UVB bulb and a basking bulb. The basking bulb is a 100W and the UVB is 26W, Kamani has a 30 gallon tank since he's still a juvenile. I'm a little worried because he hasn't been moving much or eating, he ate a few crickets Tuesday and Thursday (about 7) I left them in there as long as I could without them eating his toes. He has 2 water dishes and a food dish that I have feed in that has a few dead crickets. He stays in his hiding rock on the cool side all day barely moving. I take him out once every few hours for short periods of time and give him a bath in a shallow dish once a day. He started shedding some skin on his tail and his color has gotten quite darker. I'm really worried that something might be wrong considering it's been a week and he isn't eating, he has been using the bathroom though. His tank stays about 90-95 on the warm side and 80 on the cool side. If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated since I'm wondering if I should take him to a vet.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Normally you want to give them a couple of weeks to settle in. I'm going to assume it is a very young beardie so you want his basking spot to be at least 110. What exactly kind of UVB do you have and how close is the closest point he can get to it? Is there anything like screen or lens covering it? He may not be used to people and might be scared. If after another week I would get a stool sample done for sure. Just try to get him to eat and drink for now. Make sure you are using the proper supplements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom