My Beardie's leg looks swollen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cash

My Beardies leg looks swollen...he is starting to shed again but his leg doesn't look like it's about to shed...the vets are closed till Monday...anyone have any idea what this could be?!
90303-2948436076.jpg

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
It does look a little swollen. Does he put weight on it or walk differently? Has his behavior changed at all?

Cash

Original Poster
He's not putting any weight on it...it's definitely swollen and looks like his foot and toes too! Left a message for vet but none are open on weekends. Other than that, he's eating and his color looks good...no stress lines. What could it be and will he be ok till Monday?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
He might of hurt it. There are no obvious cuts or open wounds anywhere? Everything happens on the weekends :( If his behavior is fine I'm sure he'll be ok till Monday but be sure to get him in. I would probably get an xray done.

Cash

Original Poster
[ximg]90303 65777434484[/ximg]

Now he has a couple swollen toes on his front legs! What could be going on?!

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Has he been getting fluids or eating vegetables? Swelling could be from injury, gout or MBD. What are the temps, are you using a digital probe or temperature gun to measure temps? What size is the enclosure?

Cash

Original Poster
36 x 18 x 18 enclosure...he has 125 wt solar glo at basking spot and a 25wt zilla tube uvb...was feeding him baby spinach but found out it is bad for calcium absorption . A few days ago, he shed his tail but nothing else. Been bathing him every day and spraying with shedding aid but nothing else looks likeit's shedding except his mouth

Cash

Original Poster
Yes...I use a digital probe..temps are bet 105 and 110 in basking spot and bet 70 & 80 in cool side

Cash

Original Poster
I took my beardie to vet and I made him do xray...he says it's gout and could get better but didn't prescribe anything...that was Monday and my baby's leg is obviously bothering him and it appears the whole leg and foot are swollen! What can I do for him? He's got 3 swollen toes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom