boosted is having difficulties walking with swollen neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcfish847

Original Poster
The heat light that's in there now is a all in one is what they called it. The uvb fluorescent is what I was not sure about the strength of it being I bought it at walmart in the listing section and it said green house plants/reptile uvb pallast and bulb. Dose not give much more then that on the box. I like in a small town about a 1hr 15min from any type of pet store that caries anything for reptiles. So I ordered what I could and got what I could from Walmart and hardware store. As far as segregating them I can understand everyone point and have done alot of research on that topic before even getting beardies cuz I see alot of people on youtube with upwards of 5 per cage and my breeder with 2-3 per cage witch I felt was odd then read multiple articles that stated different that what I thought and what some of you guys are saying. That yes wild they are solo lizards but being domesticated they are brought into this world together and left together while being sold. Boosted and Phoenix have been with other dragons since they were born and if anything just hang out together. They bask in there own spots but at night cuddle together when they sleep. Phoenix being healthy dose get to the food faster but I do feed them separately so I can see how much they eat and to give them equal amounts. They arnt mean to each other but being lizards but if the day come were me or my wife see bully or aggression they will be separated, but right now I feel more of a friend ship or a family feeling with them.

jcfish847

Original Poster
I also did build a higher basking spot tell about 3a.m this morning and and going to do another tear with a bigger Plat form that wraps around the wall of the hottest side I just got super tired and have to work this morning so it will be finished today when I get off. I put it in there last light to get a judgment of the high of the final level. Of course they had to check it out and boosted what the first to do so. He went to the top and I could tell he truly loved being higher and close to the heat and uvb. Even was open his mouth with I read is a sing of comfort in temp. Then this morning I work up after shutting the cage down way to late this morning but I did loose track of time when I was building and they were both at the top sleeping together. Here is a few pics and I will post a finally when it's done also.
90554-7551095253.jpg
90554-9250984443.jpg
90554-2524265596.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just wondering how things were going with your dragon? Did he eat today?
The new changes in the tank look great, I am sure that they love it. They can get closer to the light.
The UVB tube from Walmart is not going to be great quality. What brand of light are you using that is an all in one? Did it have UVB & heat/light in one bulb?
Are both of your dragons males or a male & female?

Keep us posted on them both.

Tracie

jcfish847

Original Poster
Today was calcium day and he ate about 10 crickets. I really see improvement in him everyday, sometimes just little things but still improving. I did order a 10.0 t5 bulb for the uvb just waiting on it to come in and the Dr and of the all in one is a Zoo Med PowerSun UV Mercury Vapor Reptile Lamp, 100-Watt bulb witch I paid like $45 for. It's said on the box all in one UVA, UVB, and something else. I'm hoping all these things continue to help. Boosted is a male and Phoenix is a female. Phoenix is doing good, eats normal and is very active. She will jump from one side to the other in the cage and is very fast. She is a hypo trans and very happy to have her but Boosted is my main man. Not that I treat either any different then the other by any means. I also have liquid calcium coming witch i was told will be a big help with boosted. I will keep everyone posted and thank you all for the help it means alot to me to have the help.

jcfish847

Original Poster
Giving everyone a update. Boosted has been on a strict calcium, multi vitamin, and bath schedule. I also put the 10.0Tubv bulb in and moved it. And everyrhing I've been doing is working. Not only is he eating more but he also moved around more, hols him self up and even chances crickets. He even pulled himself up onto the skull head and hammock witch is truly awesome. I'm still going to continue the schedule. It working were I see progress daily. I will post pics soon. Thank agin everyone for all the help.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news he has improved that much with the tank changes!
It sounds like he is feeling a lot better & becoming more mobile, too.
It's important that he can get himself around because he will gain self confidence & be able to feed himself better also!
Definitely keep us updated on him. :D

Tracie

jcfish847

Original Poster
Ok first off I want to thank everyone that posted and took time out of there day to help me with Boosted. It means alot to my family and myself. And he is the update. Boosted is AMAZING, he runs with his belly off the ground, jumps, clibs, and had mass and bone structure, even hunts down and runs after his crickets. It is truly amazing to see how better he had got and I only have everyone here to thank. He is stronger now then ever and it makes me smile when I go to feed and he runs up to the door ready to hunt. The routine I did to get him better will not stop, I only split the calcium up to every 3 days and the vitamins to every other, but baths and exercise are still on a strict schedule. I came to the conclusion he had MBD from lack of proper UBV do to the plastic reflector that came on the light when I bought it. Alot I read said it was non reversible and I'm here to say it is with love care and proper living. Let me give a run down of what he was like and what I did to help other if this ever happens to there dragon.
*Symptoms- weak, no bone structor is hands and parts of legs, weight loss, dose not move around much or any, bad body structor, can't run, barley can hold head up. (Think about it like this, your bones are weak and almost like rubber so almost everything looks strainful about them)
*Treatment- proper UBV bulb, and distance between UBV and dragon, calcium every other day and on the days with no calcium you give a multi vitamin, baths to help them exercise there body and keep clean every other day. I did mine on vitiman day. Now with all this being said I can't promise it will work for everyone but it did for me.

Again thank you all so much.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great, good for you + especially for Boosted ! Everyone who replied will be happy to hear it, and yes progress can be made when the right adjustments are made. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is wonderful news for you both! :D
It sounds like Boosted is getting better & is getting back to normal now. He must be feeling so much more lively. I'm happy he is recovering now. The key is to catch it early.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom