Help loss of function in front leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a recently new owner of a beardie whom I've come very attached to. I have been trying to get my beardie to eat dusted crickets only managed to get one into her tonight. She seems alert and will eat if I place food in front of her. But her one front leg doesn't seem to move when she try's climbing. I'm so afraid I'm killing my beardie. I feel like a horrible caretaker. She has a uvb bulb that's a reptisun at night she only has her heat lamp on. But she was fine w couple days ago. She's on reptile carpet. And doesn't seem impacted. I can't afford a vet visit right now. She's just a baby. Please help me I want to make her healthy again if possible will she regain function of her front leg again if I keep getting dusted crickets into her. Please help. I feel so bad what am I doing wrong.

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Heya hows baby doing now? With the lack of function is it just completely limp, stuff, or just not moving it? Does her heat lamp put out light? If so it might be affecting her sleep.
Does she have any set of hammock etc that she could have caught her foot in and hurt her leg? It might be better to take away all the climbing stuff out can get away with so she doesn't get more trying to climb.
I'm sure you're not killing your beardie, they're just lovely sweethearts who gives a lot to worry about! Sending good thoughts xx

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Oh no I'm so sorry! I'm sure it was nothing you did, unfortunately some dragons just get ill and don't recover, I hope op is holding up okay xx

NewBeardieOwner421

Original Poster
i am holding up okay. was a rough morning for sure. i thought last night things were looking up for my little one but i think if anything it made peppers passing more easy for her. these things happen i have learned in the last 24 hours but i know that i was a great owner and cared very much for this little beardie. yes peppers passing makes me sad and hurts alot because we all get attached to our pets. but i do know i gave pepper the best life i could with what i had. i think i purchased pepper and she was already ill. i am thinking of getting a new beardie because they are great animals and i love reptiles especially beardies now i have owned one. i did blame myself for her passing but then thought that just like how humans get sick and pass reptiles do the same and the important thing was i tried as many things as i could to get her better but in the end she lost her battle with whatever illness she had. i will never forget my first beardie. this will stick with me for a long time but i will be getting another beardie soon. from a different source just to insure i dont get another sick reptile. RIP Pepper you will be missed but never forgotten

Aw I'm sorry for your loss :(
I'm glad this didn't turn you off to the idea of getting a new beardie.. I would say for the next beardie, just try to get one that's a little more grown. My first baby was too small when I purchased her and she only lived about a week.. My current baby I got bigger and he seemed a lot more healthy! It helps getting some just a little bigger cause they are most likely healthier than the little babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom