Dark gray spot? Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki4126

90182-8593354202.jpg
90182-158951958.jpg
So my beardie has recently developed a weird dark gray spot on his belly. I took him to the vet a few days ago and said it could be fungal or bad shedding. It hasn't gotten any bigger really since I first noticed. It's not sensitive, at least he doesn't seem to be bothered by me touching it. I've bathed him a couple times since I noticed it. His eating pattern is normal. I really hope this isn't fungal but I can't help but to worry that it is. I keep looking up photos of fungal infections but it doesn't look like anything I've found! Please if anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate the help. He's never had patchy shedding before, but he's 1 and I've had him since he was 3 months. He doesn't usually have the stress marks that he does in the photo. Please help! Thank you!
-First time beardie owner.

UPDATE: okay so I'm getting worried again. I've been putting antifungal cream on him bathing him regularly. But I went to put the cream on him today and he noticeably winced and pulled away/batted me with his foot. the spot doesn't look any worse, in fact I thought it looked better. I haven't talked to a vet yet given the late hour. Planning on doing so tomorrow. His behavior hasn't changed and he's still eating normally. Does this sound like yellow fungus? I just wish there was more information. I still don't really see anything that's simular when looking up yellow fungus. Please help in anyway you can :/ Thank you

Nikki4126

Original Poster
GlassesTho":1331225y said:
Did the vet do any kind of test? Are you waiting for test results? Or did they just sort of...shrug you off??

Well, she said to watch it. Her exact words were "There are fungal infections that could look like that but bad shedding is a possibility". She said if it gets bigger then we should look more into it. No tests were done yet, but I am bringing in a fecal sample in tomorrow for them. I would've brought it today but they were closed. Other than that no tests other than a physical exam/check up procedure was done.

Well, she said to watch it. Her exact words were "There are fungal infections that could look like that but bad shedding is a possibility". She said if it gets bigger then we should look more into it. No tests were done yet, but I am bringing in a fecal sample in tomorrow for them. I would've brought it today but they were closed. Other than that no tests other than a physical exam/check up procedure was done.

If you're concerned about it, ask again about doing a test to rule out anything fungal. It's better to be safe than sorry, I think.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It doesn't look like anything more than a little piece of unshed skin. If it were yellowish or crusty that would be a very good chance of being fungal but this looks innocent. If you want to be pro active, get a small tube of Lamisil or similar anti fungal cream to dab on it. At the very least it can help the shed to come off quickly if that's what it is.

Nikki4126

Original Poster
AHBD":3q7hu7nk said:
It doesn't look like anything more than a little piece of unshed skin. If it were yellowish or crusty that would be a very good chance of being fungal but this looks innocent. If you want to be pro active, get a small tube of Lamisil or similar anti fungal cream to dab on it. At the very least it can help the shed to come off quickly if that's what it is.

That's really what I hope it is. I will definitely keep and eye on it. I bought antifungal cream today with the same idea that if it is fungal I can try to get rid of it and if it's not it won't hurt him. Thank you both for responding super quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom