Baby bearded dragon with hard lump on side of his belly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjoc124

Hello I'm worried about my 4 month old male bearded dragon. He is currently asleep and petted him on the tummy . He has this hard lump on his belly close to his ribs. He ate 1 super worm and 1 dubia roach. The super worm and dubia roach were pretty big and he pooped today also. He developed this lump after he ate. Is it the food being digested or is he becoming impacted? Very worried about my beardie.

Mechling

Hello there

What kind of substrate are you using?
He is more likely to be impacted if you are using a loose substrate such as sand.
I'm not as experienced as other members here, but my personal best guess is that it's probably just the food digesting, especially if he's only developed it after eating. I would keep an eye on it and bathe him in some warm water to help stimulate him to poop.

Best of luck!

-Mechling

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. How big is she? Superworms are for beardies 16 inches. Make sure the feeders are no bigger than the space between the eyes. Also she needs 2 hours of basking time after she eats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom