NEWBIE- Advice on skinny Pygmy Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandy2954

Hi all,

I have inherited my younger brother's Pygmy Bearded Dragon. My brother passed away last year and we gave Stumpy to a friend to care for. He is now in my care and seems pretty skinny. Had him 2 days.

I have him in a temporary tank as i wasnt expecting on taking him. No lights yet but are getting them asap.

Feeding him crickets with calcium powder and bought meal worms.

Anything else i can do to get him back upto weight quicker?

TIA

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Mandy, I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Do you know where he got the dragon ? Anyway, just feed it regular meals and it should gain weight on it's own. Don't be in a hurry or try to stuff it, that can be harmful. If you say that it is eating, that is a good sign. Take it easy to be sure he can handle the protein [ too much too soon can shock the kidneys ] Offer hydration via syringe or spray bottle, dripping gently on the nose.

Posting pics would be helpful to show the true condition ? Here;s how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then hit XIMG

mandy2954

Original Poster
Thnks for the reply.

My brother got him from a breeder but u sure of age maybe 2-4 years.

Have been feeding crickets and meal worms. Trying kale, apple and blueberrries. Hasnt touched them yet. Water in a shallow bowl and also using a dropper on his nose.

Got a tank with UVB basking light and a seperate UVA light. He is gaping so guessing he is happy.

Will try to post a pic.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom