Beardie Making weezing noise, holding mouth open, won't eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor102

My beardie is about 2 years now, and about 6 months ago she began to hold her mouth open as if she couldn't breathe through her nose and at first I figured maybe she was just basking and thought of it as nothing, but the next day she began to make a weezing noise and even made a few coughing noises. And just recently she stopped eating. We have taken her into the vet and they say that she's healthy, but I can't help but feel there is something seriously wrong with her. Her eyes are sunken in, she hardly moves around anymore, and she's very weak. I don't know what to do for her and I don't want to lose her. PLEASE someone help me

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Trevor, I'm sorry that your dragon is so sick. Can you lst the exact type + brand of lights you use and what the temps. are ? How do you hydrate her ? Can you post a video of her breathing ? If she's really sick you should probably look for another reptile vet to help her. I wish you + your dragon the best !

Trevor102

Original Poster
AHBD":37mvtv9f said:
Hi Trevor, I'm sorry that your dragon is so sick. Can you lst the exact type + brand of lights you use and what the temps. are ? How do you hydrate her ? Can you post a video of her breathing ? If she's really sick you should probably look for another reptile vet to help her. I wish you + your dragon the best !
I believe the brand of bulb zoo med, her heat lamp is 125 watt, we soak her about once a week for about 10 minutes and she also has a water bowl in her tank, and how do you post videos on her, I can't seem to figure it out

Trevor102

Original Poster
90099-4584860290.jpg
Could not post the video but here is a picture of her while she is doing her thing, sometimes she'll just open her mouth like this and other times she will make a cough or a weezing noise. Today she actually coughed and puked a little bit, it was nothing but phlem though, so I have absolutely no idea what to do for her

Skipper7

Juvie Member
I'm 99% sure she has a respiratory infection. Phlegm and wheezing are pretty clear signs. She needs to see a qualified reptile vet ASAP. Don't go back to your old one as they seem clearly incompetent when it comes to reptiles :D

Trevor102

Original Poster
Skipper7":uurnjq1y said:
I'm 99% sure she has a respiratory infection. Phlegm and wheezing are pretty clear signs. She needs to see a qualified reptile vet ASAP. Don't go back to your old one as they seem clearly incompetent when it comes to reptiles :D
Okay thank you so much I will definetly get her in as soon as possible, I should be able to get her in hopefully tomorrow

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She most definitely has a respiratory infection & is dehydrated, too.
Try to keep her warm in her tank overnight right now to boost her immune system. Around 80 is good.
You will get her in to see another vet today?
I would highly recommend asking them about nebulization for treatment. It is extremely effective & works more quickly than just oral meds or injections. She is critical & needs to get that cleared up.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor girl, she is really struggling. A qualified vet should be see ASAP. She is also probably dehydrated.....drip water on her snout, in her mouth to give her a drink. Put her water bowl under her face as you do this and she may lower her head for a drink. If she does, don't be alarmed if she slobbers afterwards, just wipe up any excess water in the tank if it spills anywhere.

By the way, what type of flooring is that ? And is there another dragon with her ? I see a foot in the left side of the pic.

Trevor102

Original Poster
AHBD":1z50q0w2 said:
Poor girl, she is really struggling. A qualified vet should be see ASAP. She is also probably dehydrated.....drip water on her snout, in her mouth to give her a drink. Put her water bowl under her face as you do this and she may lower her head for a drink. If she does, don't be alarmed if she slobbers afterwards, just wipe up any excess water in the tank if it spills anywhere.

By the way, what type of flooring is that ? And is there another dragon with her ? I see a foot in the left side of the pic.
The flooring is just a carpeting you can get at a pet store, and no there is no other dragon with her, that is her own foot as she was in a rather odd position when I took the picture

Trevor102

Original Poster
I regret to inform you that she has crossed the rainbow bridge but is now in a better place. She no longer has to struggle anymore through the pain that she experienced, but I'm glad that I got to have her in my life, she was my little sweetheart. This afternoon I went to go feed her and hold her for a little bit, but upon inspecting her, she was stiff and wasn't breathing while my other beardie was freaking out in his tank sensing what had happened to his sister. But i thank you all for your advice and your help

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry you lost her suddenly like that. :cry: It sounds like her brother wasn't taking it very well at all.
She must have been quite ill & her body wasn't strong enough to fight it off. I am sorry for your loss.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom