Juvenile beared dragon! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuxmnn

A little background, I personally own an adult and a baby bearded dragon, my boyfriend as well has a juvenile (not quite baby but not quite adult) bearded dragon. Lately she has been very sluggish and not moving about her cage, when i first met her i noticed she didn't have very much use of her back legs, she poops fine when given a warm bath and she does somewhat use her back legs to get around. The first thing I thought of was UVB lighting. My boyfriend did not have a UV light for her in the enclosure as well as not having very hot basking spot (80 degrees) She's barely moved since last night, today after work my boyfriend is going to get her a UV light and I am providing him with one of my additional basking lights, he is also going to get her set up in a better tank as the tank he currently moved her to doesnt seem to be to her liking, So the question I have is what other extra steps can we take to ensure that his beardie comes back to health. Any responses are well apreciated!!

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
hello there! where is the light placed? is it above the tank? the light may need to be a little closer,and how old is the bulb, both heat and UVB? is she getting any calcium? dusting crickets and salad? what happens to reptiles if they don't get enough calcium they end up with MBD, metabolic bone disease. it causes their back or front legs to not work and twitch. i hope this information helps! i am giving from information that i learn from others and my dragon! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom