So worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppycut

Hatchling Member
I've asked about my girl before and thought it was brumation which may be possible. I think I need to take her to the vet because she will not eat anything. Doesn't move much and I'm worried sick. Her basking temp is about 95 and cool side is about 80. She ate one superworms the other day. Could it be parasites?

Puppycut

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
40 gallon tank, have digital and stick on thermometers in the tank. She is a rescue and I was told she's about 4.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
when is the last time your bearded dragon pooped? try to give her a bath, maybe it will help her warm up faster.
could she have possibly in fertilize eggs? sometimes females will have eggs, even without a male, but there is no baby inside of them.
i hope your beardie is okay :(

Puppycut

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She did poop yesterday, thank goodness. There was definitely an improvement, she was exploring and she ate a bit.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
i am glad your dragon is getting better! squishy is the same, if he doesn't poop, he won't touch anything, until he pooped.
i am happy that your bearded dragon in doing much better! :)

Puppycut

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you. I am new to the dragon world and want to make sure I am doing everything correctly. ?

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
i was the same, when first started getting my first bearded dragon, i went to this site when i had a problem with my first bearded dragon. lizarto is still alive and living well, and also squishy.
congrats on your dragon! its always fun to care and love one! :) :D

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Check temps with a digital thermometer or temp gun. The stick on dials are horribly inaccurate.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
If you can, get temps of your enclosure with a different thermometer. Temps are one of the most important aspect of dragon care. They need to be accurately measured. 105°F-110°F basking site, about 85°F cool end.
Tell us more about your set up. What heat lamp and UV bulb do you have?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry if you have already reviewed your tank setup, but which UVB are you using & how close to her is it?
That's great she is a bit better today. Has she had any water recently?
What is your supplementation schedule like?

Tracie

Puppycut

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have the all in one bulb. The good one that's recommended. It's a 40 gallon tank and digital thermometer and plenty of things in tank. Hammock, log, plants.
It sits on top of tank screen in a ceramic /metal base. Flukers heat bulb when needed. She's in the warmest room in the house. I give her calcium 3 times a week and barge her twice a week. Anything that you can offer is appreciated ?

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Okay, I thought you meant a stick on thermometer as a analog. Your basking spot is a bit too cool.
Is the basking bulb a mercury vapor? "All in one" kind of sounds like it...but not sure.
How long are your lights on?

Puppycut

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes all in one mercury vapor. It's on from 7am till 8 pm. I also have another basking bulb going so it reaches around 95 degrees. I was told by vet 100 is too hot for her. She's about four. I just want to make sure she's getting what she needs. I have repast veggie burger but she doesn't like it. She's picky and not a great hunter. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom