Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhhhkayy

So me & my boyfriend recently had two bearded dragons since they were baby's as much as I didn't want to separate them cause they would always cuddle & got along so good one was his friends and he ended up taking it, so lately I hear at night the boy lizard making this crying noise sounds like it's a cry or somthing could he be depressed or somthing? I'm just worried lol help!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is odd, what type of noises?
Usually, they don't make noises like that.
They don't like change so it could take a week or two for him to get adjusted to the other one not being around.
How long has this been going on for?
Is he eating and basking normally?

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Ashhhhkayy

Original Poster
well we did change the whole set up in his cage around and got a new walnut shell bedding but he was coughing so my boyfriend looked it up on here, turns out the bedding is very unhealthy for them so we got rid of it and it's been 2 days since we changed it back to the green padding stuff (I don't the name of it) but he didn't cough last night but tonight he was making this noise that was very different from the coughing I can't explain it I just hope he's not depressed cause the lizard was a girl that was taken away

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I'm sure he'll be fine without his cage mate. Beardies are territorial and solitary. So he's probably going to be happier with more room. :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He may miss her some, but will adjust & be just fine. When they are older, they could visit under supervision, but not mate since they are likely related!
I'm glad to hear you changed out the walnut shell bedding, it will be much better for him. Try to spend extra time with him.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom