is my beardie sick? He is worrying me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berryr386

I bought my beardie just before Christmas. Up to this point he has been fairly active. He has been roaming the cage a lot, so much so that it used to worry me. I thought maybe he wasn't getting enough to eat or was nervous. At first I had trouble getting his temps right, he didn't eat for the first few days, but I got everything straightened out. The past two days he has been very inactive and not eating much at all. I tried switching him over to Phoenix worms ( all he would eat was crickets), he ate about 7 yesterday evening and hasn't eaten anything since. He hasn't moved around his cage any, just sits around and basks all day. He looks healthy, responds when I talk to him and goes from one end of his basking area to another but that's it. I did change his substrate from a towel to tile, don't know if maybe that stressed him out or what. I don't know if the Phoenix worms just fill him up more than crickets. I do know however that he is not impacted, he got me good when I was holding him, lol. Which by the way, usually when I hold him he wants to roam everywhere. Today, he was somewhat calmer, though he did finally take off and try to explore. I had the computer going and it seemed as though he was watching it so it may have been that he was getting in some " T.V." Time before he decided to roam around. I don't know if I'm just an over-reactive parent or if my baby may actually be sick. Some advice please.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, did he eat any since you posted ? And yes, switching him around to put tile in his tank could stress him. Do you have any pics of him + the tank ?

Berryr386

Original Poster
My husband said he ate today which makes me very happy. Here is a link to pics I took yesterday. I don't have any recent pics of his sent-up. I uploaded a pic of what it looked like before I removed the towel and replaced it with the tile just so you can see what his home looks like. I am in the process of building him a basking rock ( watched a video I found on this site on how to do it) but it won't be finished for another week yet. I guess I can expect him to be a little upset when I rearrange his surroundings to put in his new rock.https://rhondaberry.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom