Not eating /basking! Urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpewterrose

I recently needed to come out of town for work and I had no one to watch my bearded dragon so I was going to take him with me. I planned to get him crickets which is his preferred feeder. Unfortunately because of the holidays they were out of crickets and the ref told me to try and feed him wax worms. I told her his age and his size and she assured me that they would be fine for him. He's only about 2 or 3 months old. Despite everything I read I believe the pet store worker slash manager and tried to feed him the wax worms. He was eating them so I thought it was fine then I realized how big they were compared to him. Needless to say he choked?/held them in his throat but he got them down. Since then I tried cutting them in half but because the first experience he had eaten the waxwork he won't need any kind of worms at all. I also got him hornworms which he enjoys but won't eat anymore because it took him 2 or 3 days to poop them out. I have nothing else to feed him and he refuses to eat. I checked on him periodically during travel and he was not stressed out in the least. His belly was white so I assume that the travel itself didn't bother him but he won't eat the wax worms or any other worm. It's been 2 days and he's not even coming out of his Rock to bask I'm not leaving until tomorrow. What do I do?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He could be a bit impacted possibly. You can try to get some sugar free applesauce or canned pumpkin to feed to him. If you don't have a plastic dropper or syringe, just use a plastic spoon to see if he will lick any of the food.
As suggested, a warm bath may help also.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom