Scared for my baby's tail!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaraway

The tip of my beardie's tail became dark grey in color so I took her to the vet, they said to massage it and soak her everyday and that she might lose the tip but she should be fine. But now the scales on the tip have completely come off leaving a hard black twig-like tip that only softens after about 30 minutes of soaking and massage. The color won't return to it and I'm super worried about her. She is grumpy and hasn't eaten much lately. I am at a loss for what to do next, will the tip fall off?? Has this ever happened to someone else?? Pics below.
https://imgur.com/a/uwih6

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Looks like the result of a retained shed possibly. Yes it will drop off eventually and she will most likely be fine. Just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't keep going up the tail. You can put some "raw unpasteurized honey" on it to help it heal faster. Raw honey has antimicrobial and, antibiotics in it naturally and is better for it than any ointment. You can get it at one of those health food stores like GNC.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....I agree with Gormagon, use raw honey on it or get some silver cream. Soaking + rubbing may be damaging to the scales. When have you ever heard a Dr. tell us to soak and rub an injury on ourselves, dog, cat, etc ?

That stick like part should fall off on it's own, but DO keep an eye on it ....if it spreads up the tail you may need to have it amputated just above the bad part. After that it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom