My bearded dragon keeps closing one eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
89362-8201597645.jpg
Hii everyone so I just got my first bearded dragon almost a month ago and he been doing just fine but for the past 3 days he been closing one eye I'm worried! Also he is shedding by his eyes and everything I don't know if this is normal or not please let me know thank u guys so much!
89362-3088215655.jpg
89362-2546833321.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He may have gotten a wee bit of shed in it. See if you can rinse it out either with plain saline solution [ not the kind for contac lenses ] or soak him briefly in warm water and use a clean eyedropper to rinse it. It will probably be fine. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This is pretty normal behavior when shedding on or around the eyes. As suggested, he may have gotten some shed stuck on his eye lid or around his eye lid that might be bothering him.
You can bathe him too, for some moisture to see if you can get his eye cleared, as well as use some sterile saline solution & a swab to help also. Just be careful as the skin there is very delicate!
You are using the Reptisun 10 tube bulb or the compact/coil light?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Terrific, then the UVB light shouldn't be causing any issues then. I think that the shedding is what is causing him to close his eye with more frequency right now. It should improve once all of the shed
is off & gone.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, I am glad he is doing a lot better now. :D
You can post new pictures of him once he is done with all of his shedding, too. He will feel a lot better once all of that old skin is off!

Tracie

Bogathedragon

Hatchling Member
my bearded dragon used to do this. i found somewhere that they could be focusing on something with the other eye, but that could be wrong. he stopped doing it though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom