UPDATE: BUT I STILL NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay you guys, I am back with more information. My bearded dragon who got bit I finally seperated and before he was losing so much weight and starting to gain little by little but would there be any advice to how to help him grow? My second bearded dragon is 9 inches and 3 months ago he was 6 inches. My bearded dragon is 6 inches, 3 months later (current) is now 7 inches. He is not growing at all and remains small. When he was bit, it was a big wound and I cleaned it properly like I was told how but now its all black and scabby and how long till the arm falls off or what is going to happen? Because the rest of the arm is healthy except that black part. Please give me advice I'm very new at this reptile level but I hope you guys help me :) I know crazy decision to buy two but they were fine till 2 weeks ago.

https://m.facebook.com/alexnunez760?__user=100000867917899#!/photo.php?fbid=619436431428615&id=100000867917899&set=a.296852863686975.68034.100000867917899&source=46&refid=17

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How many dragons do you have total, 3?
They are separated in their own tanks, correct?
What type of setup do you have, are you using a UVB light? If you are using a UVB light, what type & brand is it?
If you are not using any UVB regularly or calcium then they wont grow very well. How much are you feeding them?
How close is the UVB light to them & is there a screen or plastic in between him & the light?
How often do you give calcium?

Is the arm infected at all? Usually the necrotic area will dry up & eventually fall off, but you need to watch for infection, too.

Tracie

1alexnunez1

Original Poster
Drache613":2ofnjo56 said:
Hello,

How many dragons do you have total, 3?
They are separated in their own tanks, correct?
What type of setup do you have, are you using a UVB light? If you are using a UVB light, what type & brand is it?
If you are not using any UVB regularly or calcium then they wont grow very well. How much are you feeding them?
How close is the UVB light to them & is there a screen or plastic in between him & the light?
How often do you give calcium?

Is the arm infected at all? Usually the necrotic area will dry up & eventually fall off, but you need to watch for infection, too.

Tracie

I have two dragons, yes they are both seperated. I have 40 gallon tank and yes I am using a UVB light, a 5.0 UVB 13 watt reptisun light. I dont think the light is a problem because they both get the same light and one is 2 inches bigger and the one that is two inches bigger was smaller than the first one I got (which is the oldest as well). There is a screen between him and the light. I give them calcium usually 5 times out of 7 days. Sometimes out of 4. No the arm isn't infected, thank god.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going with your two dragons?
I am glad to hear they are separated then. How is his arm doing, is it healing up?
That's great the arm isn't infected so far.
Sometimes they just grow at different rates so their sizes will vary even if they are the
same age.
Let us know how they are doing.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The 5.0 UVB 13 watt reptisun light needs to be replaced by a Tube ---- that UVB is a coil I am thinking if its a 13 watt and this is the issue --- they both need one of these UVBs a Reptisun 10.0 TUBE either a T 5 or a T 8 -- I would get these replaced ASAP--- your little one is not going to grow and get sick and the other one will eventually get sick ---- the 13 watt bulbs are not any good -----
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom