Both Back Legs Dislocated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
I have no idea what happened, she's been running around fine all day today but also doing some glass surfing because I removed all her stuff (permananetly) besides her basking area & cool side rock to make it simple for her to eat since she's been having lack of appetite. (<-- long story short). But again, I think she hurt herself with all the running around! She is currently walking & struggling / limpbimg because her back left leg is kind of floppy looking! I made a video for you to see. Please realize I am slightly messing with it to show you it's limpness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRKQguTsviw&feature=youtu.be

I have one local vet that will see here for a $70 for a visit & $119 for X-Rays. I am not sure how much to actually do something.... (which I already can't afford).

(EDIT) I was able to feel it out of place (like out of the socket) & I just popped it into place, when I did that she was using it again but it popped right back out. Than I popped it back in one more time & now I'm trying to make her not move with it. (EDIT2) It has already popped out again (every-time she runs with it) so I'll just leave it be & try to make her not move around.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
daner923":1hzxnpxz said:
Try popping it back in at lights out and wrap her in a towel or shirt for the night

OK. It pops right back in (with ease) & right out just as easily. I've actually already tried popping it back in & wrapping her in her blanket under her basking spot & it helped to make her not move. Btw, the video link is up.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
For now, take out anything she could climb on and lower the basking spot. You don't want her to fall off anything and further injure herself. Hopefully it is just a dislocation and will heal up some overnight. Also try messaging Tracie (Drache613). She may have an idea.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Right click (picture) -> Open image in new tab. to increase pic size.

SAM_1219.jpg

SAM_1220.jpg

SAM_1223.jpg

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
No, it doesn't sound like an infection. It really sounds like a dislocation. The swelling MAY be from infection, but I doubt it. They tend not to get infections from small wounds too easily.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
daner923":1fc7njhb said:
No, it doesn't sound like an infection. It really sounds like a dislocation. The swelling MAY be from infection, but I doubt it. They tend not to get infections from small wounds too easily.

I also don't think there is a fracture. She's been behaving so .. normal just quiet content. Not freaking out in severe pain or gaping. I think tomorrow I will watch closely, if not better after tomorrow. I'll have no choice but to take her to the local vet but again.. money scares me. (the whole situation). If it is a dislocation, what can be done to stop it from dislocating.. I wrapped it up & made a little cast btw... (not tight) but just to hold it.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
I'm not sure there's a lot a vet could do for that. The little cast sounds like a good idea. Did you take out anything she could fall off of, as I mentioned earlier?

Blinksmama

Juvie Member
You could also put a towel or small folded blanket down as substrate, to help prevent any more slips and to make it easier for her to get around. You can add another towel to make a sort of raised basking spot, but with a gentle slope, ramp like, so she can move there easily. Since she's not very mobile you may need to remove the back legs from her crickets so she doesn't have to actively hunt them.
I know I've read a thread somewhere on here where the person sort of splinted and wrapped an injured limb to keep it still. It may be worthwhile to do a quick search.

Best of luck with your girl!!

Amy

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
daner923":3pyxlu58 said:
I'm not sure there's a lot a vet could do for that. The little cast sounds like a good idea. Did you take out anything she could fall off of, as I mentioned earlier?

If you re-read my OP, everything that could have been harmful (sticks with height) was already taken out in the first place, all she has in there at the time this happend is two fake rocks. One basking, one cool side.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, I saw that, and your video. But even those rocks pose a risk. I saw how you had to help her up, and if she were to take a tumble, it could end with a worse injury. I would take them out for now and use towels, as suggested above.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
daner923":3a04nwig said:
Yes, I saw that, and your video. But even those rocks pose a risk. I saw how you had to help her up, and if she were to take a tumble, it could end with a worse injury. I would take them out for now and use towels, as suggested above.

Alright I will remove the rock too.

SAM_1224.jpg

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Maybe try sliding it all the way up the leg, and put a popsicle stick or a qtip along the length of the thigh to hold it in place? For now just let her sleep though.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
daner923":830rclk6 said:
Maybe try sliding it all the way up the leg, and put a popsicle stick or a qtip along the length of the thigh to hold it in place? For now just let her sleep though.

Yeah, she's been lights out since 8 but I thought about doing the whole leg, but from what I see her pain isn't in the thigh. It's below (let's just say the knee, (bendy part)) So I thought about keeping that down to the foot / (let's just say ankle) so nice and still but I like your idea with the stick thing, I think I'll try that.

(Edit)
Did it, (easier to do while she is asleep).

SAM_1226.jpg

SAM_1227.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom