Bad reaction to enema. Is she dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YavannaV

Hatchling Member
I took Dreganna to the Vet yesterday where she was given an enema which caused her to promptly poop. There was a urate plug and some undigested food in it. There were not any parasites but the Vet said to give her meds for inflamation of her intestines and used the term protozoal. She's 201 grams in weight. She was prescribed Metronidazole 50 mg/ml, 0.1 cc once a day for five days. Then we are to take two weeks off and then do a second round of five day treatment. He said to wait on using Benebac until both rounds of meds were finished.

This morning I woke to Dreganna having her mouth open and eyes half way closed and she is breathing very shallowly. She won't close her mouth even when I gently touch the underside. She isn't moving. She was underneath her basking ramp with her head on her hammock when her lights came on. I've moved her to the top of her basking platform and she isn't moving at all.

Is she in shock? My hubby doesn't want me to call the Vet because he doesn't think there's anything they can do for her but I'm really scared that she may be dying from this. Is there anything I can do for her? She isn't reacting when I touch her or stroke her back at all. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

Oh no, I am so sorry about your girl, that is so sad.
I hope that they didn't overmedicate her since she didn't have any parasites she shouldn't have gotten any medication along with the enema.
The enemas can be very hard & invasive on their systems, too.

I am so sorry for your loss. :cry:

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom