How to Read a Dosing Syringe!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
If you are going to medicate your own dragon, you should really learn how to calculate dosages. More importantly, you must learn how to read a syringe. It can be very confusing trying to figure out the difference between 0.1 cc and 0.01 cc

A lot of people get the syringe and immediately think the 0.1 cc is the same as .01 cc, but the difference is 10x more if you confuse 0.1 for 0.01, so don't let the decimal point confuse you. This is why most dosage charts are provided with medications and the 0 is always listed before the . in doses less than 0.1 cc

syringereading.jpg

If your 200 gram dragon needs medication at 0.02 cc per 100 grams of body weight, then the total amount would be .04 cc or the little line before the 0.05 on the syringe. This is a VERY SMALL amount, so you can see how big the difference would be if you accidently filled the syringe to 0.4 cc.

If you ever have any questions about medication dosages, it not going to hurt if you wait until you are 100% sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom