A lump on the left side

Status
Not open for further replies.

peach88

I noticed on Sunday my beardie Rex (11 months i think i rescued him from someone on gum tree) anyway had water in his poop and red dots and the poop was loose and the wee was normal white. Then the last two days he has been really hungry and i gave him mario worms to fill him up with his hopper. Today he pooped and i saw a whole worm in with the wee looking a bit rusty and still the poop loose. when i got him out from his viv this evening i felt a slight lump on his right side. now i am worried he is ill
his set up is good
basking 100
eating spring greens and wild rocket
4TH hoppers about 10 a day
he is always lazy so moves when can be bothered
i have bathed him tonight and seemed fine
have reptile carpet.
if anyone has tips that would be really helpful a little bit worried about him
please please help

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long have you had him for since you rescued him?
Do you have any pictures of him & of the lump in question?
How long is he? At 11 months he should be able to digest the superworms without any trouble.
Have you had a fecal done to check for worms or parasites?
What type of thermometer are you using to measure his temperatures with? What type of UVB are you using also?

It sounds like he may be having some trouble with digesting & that could be due to worms or parasites, or temperatures.
You could try getting a probiotic for him to use to help out his GI tract & digestion as well as getting a fecal done on him, too.

Tracie

peach88

Original Poster
i have had him about 8 weeks.
you cant see the lump i can feel it i think it is his organs inside that i can feel because when i took him off someone he was in the tank with a female bearded dragon that seemed to eat all the food. i took them both and i gave the female away two days after getting them due to her being a female and i did not want to breed her and he was head bobbing and looked scary. when i went to the pet shop that the lady said they had come from there was no record of those bearded dragons being sold as the pet shop had only been opened two weeks before i cant say he is 11 months as that is what she told me he is. so i don't know whether to believe her as she lied about the pet shop.
when i measured him the other day he was 16 inches and weighed 288 grams.

i have a Exo Terra thermometer
reptile glow 10.0 Exo Terra 15 WATS he is under it now
basking is 100
cold side is 83
reptile carpet
spring greens and rocket
4th hoppers 10 a day
do u have email so i can send pics don't have photo bucket
i have bathed him the last two days and when he blows out you cant see or feel the lump.
POOP seemed better urinate a little yelllow at ends
probiotic what the best one and where can i buy it?
Sam

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sam,

It is difficult to know how old they are when you purchase from the petstores.
I would change out the Reptiglo UVB light. They are not good quality & emit improper wavelength. I would recommend purchasing the Reptisun 10 tube bulb or the Arcadia D3 12% tube bulb, either one for better UVB exposure.
You can get them at www.lightyourreptiles.com

What type of thermometer are you using to measure the temperatures, a temp gun or a digital probe?
Maybe he was a little blocked up perhaps. How is he doing today?
The urates can turn a little yellowish at times, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Are the urates soft or harder in nature?
Is he eating well right now?

I will PM you my email so you can email me pictures.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

peach88

Original Poster
Can i buy them lights in the UK? the basking light is 100W Exo TERRA is that OK?
i gave him a bath again today he did not poop in bath but ate all his hoppers and ate some veg today and i cut his nails and he seemed fine and i cant feel the lump or see anything there. i think he was blocked but i am concern he is under weight sent you pictures through email to see what you think. thank you for your help.
i have a dial thermometer and the urinate was hard but their was a puddle of clear water.
Sam

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sam,

Thanks for the pictures.
You should be able to get the Arcadia D3 12% tube bulb in the UK.
The Exoterra basking light should be fine. Is it a bright white light, correct?
He could stand to gain a few grams, yes. How much does he eat currently? You could try feeding him a couple of times per day to see if that helps with him gaining some weight.
The dial thermometers are known to be not as accurate as the digital probes or temp guns. I would try to find one of them to double check the temperatures just to make sure it is in a range of 95-110 on the basking/hot side with the cooler end being 78-82.
If he was blocked up, you would likely feel the lump (s) lower on the right side of the body. The area you are referring to is higher up on his body. Is this area underneath of his arm pits approximately? Do you see or feel the lumps on both sides & if so, are they the same size?

Tracie

peach88

Original Poster
Update on Rex is that i could feel on the other side the same lump amd its not a lump it must be his rib cage. Rex has gained some weight but had a poop with a puddle of clear water and urinate was out of shape and soft should i be concerned? I also had a panick when i saw the little bumps beteen his back legs. I googled it and relised all male bearded dragons have them and it shows he is a male lol. Being a new bearded dragon owner that there is so much to learn about them.
Sam

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sam,

It is all new territory for you. So ask as many questions as you need to.
I am glad that it was just his rib cage as the lump in question!
The femoral pores/bumps on the inner thigh areas are a good indication of a male, definitely. They will become more pronounced with time & maturity.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom