Bearded Dragon Coughing/Sneezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightFury

Hatchling Member
My Bearded Dragon has been puffing up in his stomach and throat and then making a kind of sneezing like noise. Its not a popping noise, he does not have runny eyes or nose either. He has a normal appetite and still moves around in his normal areas like he was before i saw him doing this. Whats weird is he only does this in the morning, I dont see him do it any other time of the day. Also he is shedding, he has alot on his back that has not come off yet. So I am wondering if anyone knows whats wrong with my beardie :( I am worried about him.

I never feed him anything bigger than the space between his eyes
I only feed meal worms sometimes, its usually only 3-5. I use mostly phoenix worms
I also feed him crickets (small ones) and Dubia Roaches (also small)
I also feed him some veggies and some of that new dried veggies that you soak in warm water to make them swell like regular veggies, its from the Zilla brand
His supplementation is the calcium with D3 multivitamin. I use it on one of his live foods like 2-3 times a week. I heard I need to buy a seperate just calcium supplement that has no D3 and has beta Carotene in it instead of vitamin A. What supplements would you recommend?
my substrate is a reptile carpet
my uvb bulb is a florescent Reptisun 15Watt 120V Desert 50 bulb. The only bad thing is that the fixture isnt as long as the whole tank so I try to keep it in the area he is in so it still hits him. I could mount it on the wall to help it I guess hit more of the terrarium but the UVA bulb that he basks under most of the day blocks it.
The temp on the basking is (95-100) cool side (75-80) Humidity in basking area (0%) on cool side is (30-35%) I need to buy the digital thermometers because I heard that the circle ones I have are inaccurate.

Also I have a big climbing branch (4 branches connected together) and some rocks in his terrarium so he should have plenty to rub against for the shedding.

Please give me any suggestions that you guys can! I will very much appretiate it! :)

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Hmmm, DIgger used to do this every morning, then he would proceed to stretch his beard, then yawn, then either close his eyes and pretend to be a stone or go up and sit on his branch.

You don;t hear any other noises like clicking? Or see any mucous?

NightFury

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Nope hes mucus free, he just makes that coughing/sneezing like noise. He still basks and moves around but he always stays in his basking area except when he goes to his food dish or when he needs to poop but he has a high and low branch in his basking area he switches between and he occasionally lays on his rocks at the bottom.

Plus I noticed he will do this a little at night too before he goes into his deep sleep, it seems like he does this mostly when hes cold or something? idk :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom