My bearded dragon has gone black all over it's body!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danni

My bearded dragon has gone black all over it's body should I be worried? She hasent moved from a sat up position for at least an hour now that I've been watching although she doesn't move oftn anyway. Also her eyes look droopy and half closed. We did, however, have problems with her eyes when we first got her although they did seem to get a little better as she's been growing. I know it's natural for their beard to turn black from time to time but should her whole body be turned black?! She's about 1 year old only about 4in long (including her tail about 7inches) and In a 48in vivarium. She has Reptiglo 10 UV lamp, a basking spot set to around 100 degrees. She is fed small locust and some greens. Please give me some advice I'm worried something may be wrong with her ): thankyou.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
its the reptiglo change to the reptisun 10.0 the reptiglo has been known to cause eye problems and make them lethargic (talking from expirence)

Danni

Original Poster
Thanks alot :) I will get a new light for her. Does this explain the black colour she's gone though? She been in the viv for months now and her body has only just turned this dark. I'm worried she may be sick :S

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
yea its fine its just that shes stressed she should be fine as soon as u switch to the new light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom