He ate a bee, Please Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my juvinile male beardie outside in the grass and he ate a bee, he ate it so fast, I tried to stop him but couldn't. He seems okay but he keeps "licking his lips" and he seems kind of bothered. What can I do? And will he be okay?

Junebug0394

Original Poster
Okay, i'll watch for any of those, Thanks for your help. It seems kind of like he's breathing heavy, is that something I should be worried about? I'm not sure if he might just be breathing heavy from running around. other than that he seems alright.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Under the circumstances I would be concerned about the heavy breathing. Is there a reptile vet near you? Maybe you should call and consult them if so.
Sara

Junebug0394

Original Poster
True. And to answer Sara's question, yes there is a vet near here, He dosen't specialize in reptiles but He does treat them. He (my little guy) seems fine, he's running around and climbing like he normally does, I'm not completely sure if what he ate was even a bee, it just really looked like one, but it could have been a Hover Fly which are not poisonous and do not sting. So it could be a false alarm, Which I really hope it is. I really hope my little guy is okay! Thanks for your help!

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Whew ! what a relief ! He was just enjoying that bee or whichever bug it was !
You should be out of the woods in 24 hours, so just keep watching.
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom