PowerSun Mercury Vapor Bulb Research Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Tracie- I called Bob. He had his hands full with a sick critter. It threw up on him as we were trying to talk. He said he would call back. I'm thinking he got a bit busy for that. :D I'll try again in the AM. I dunno. The temps are spot on. Everything should be perfect.
I'm going to take them outside tomorrow, see if there is an improvement. I don't want to hijack this thread. I'm posting this on Allison and Ramoth in Dragon Tales. I have lots of folks on there already.
I hope Bob can talk tomorrow. I'll keep you in the loop.

Sandy H

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
They sent a new bulb, I sent the old one back to them. But I think Barb figured out the prob- The fixtures have a thin gasket in them that gets brittle and needs to be replacet about annualy. This causes bulb problems. :shock: I found pieces of gasket in the bottom of my viv. I guess this case is closed. I learn something new everyday on this site. :D Sorry I forgot to update here.

Sandy H

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I actually just sent a 100 watt SB Megaray back to Bob to be tested. He also sent me a new bulb. I'm hoping he'll fill me in on what he found out, something was not right with the bulb and he agreed after we had a lengthy discussion.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hello!

Definitely let me know. I have been lucky thus far & have not had any problems with out SB 100 watts for awhile now.

Tracie

riceko

Hatchling Member
Hello... I have had problems with the Powersun 100w UVB bulb. I just posted a topic about it here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=114402

I will be posting updates whenever i notice them!

(as a note, I'm not positive the bulb is the problem... I am in the process of finding that out)

riceko

Hatchling Member
By the way, is ZooMed even doing anything about this issue? I think enough people would have complained by now... they could at least put a warning label on their product. It seems they are doing nothing about it! And this problem arose when... in like May of this year?

It infuriates me that they would do nothing to solve this problem, especially when the well-being of living creatures is involved.

I think this is the last time I EVER buy a product from ZooMed until they do something about this. They aren't even making it clear to their retailers that their might be problem. I talked to LLLreptile on the phone yesterday and they said they've heard nothing but good about the 100 watt. I'm calling them again to say "Guess what, WRONG!". Even Jeff at the Reptile Zone had no idea. And he keeps very up to date on reptile info.

Whats going on with ZooMed? :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:

Ifrit79

Sub-Adult Member
I'm starting to think it was the PowerSun that may have made my first beardie Ifrit sick. From what I can recall she was just fine until I switched to PowerSun MVB. Oddly enough I still have that bulb. If I go and find the disk I have the info from when she was sick, I have her symptoms detailed.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hello,

Great that would be helpful information if you have any documentation regarding your dragon's problems with this particular light. Was it the Powersun 100watt with the box having a red dragon on the front?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom