Leopard Gecko : Horrible Eye Problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowlinGaleDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Retired Moderator
Well today I got some female Leopard Geckos in and the youngest one couldn't open her eyes they where glued shut It took gentle rubbing with Saleen Solution on a Q-Tip to get the dried goop off, now that her eyes are open they look bad they are covered in a white cloudy liquid I don't think she can see right now I can barely see her pupil under all of it what Can I give her to help her I'm pretty sure it is some sort of eye infection.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Nicole,

The best thing to do is to flush the eyes out with a simple saline solution or turtle eye wash daily, twice per day. If you have some Terramycin or other antibiotic eye ointment, you could try to dab a little bit of that in the eyes, too.
They may have been kept at subpar conditions.

Tracie

HowlinGaleDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
It seems I can't get Terramycin or other antibiotic based eye drops I have to have a prescription and the vets won't even look at geckos so right not I'm stuck for helping her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom