Help!!Beardy pooping eggs??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi im really sorry to bother u guys,this mite be a really stupid question,but im really worried!!Came home from col,and my beardy has pooped what looks like eggs to me!!Although theres only been the one beardy in the cage in two years!!Theres about five of these egg like things in the cage.To touch there very soft, and they are white!!Whats going on??

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Do you have a female I'm guessing? Sometimes females can lay infertile eggs. Just discard them. Is she digging around the cage? Does she feel like she has more eggs? Keep her plenty hydrated and supplements lots of calcium into her diet.

WELSHDRAGON

Original Poster
OMG...thanks so much,yes shes digging alot around the cage,scratching at the sides!!I never knew this,thank you so much for youre help!!

snowdrop

Juvie Member
Hiya,

i was just going to say the same as erin. Femail dragons do lay infertile eggs so nothing to worry about! I found out the same bout my girl she hasn't laid them yet and shes only ten months old so havn't experienced this yet.

Whats your dragons name? Do oyu have any pics up?

WELSHDRAGON

Original Poster
Hey ive only just joined the forum,to ask that urgent question.But this is deff the best forum ive ever been on,so ill deff stick around and get sum pics up!!:)thanks guys...Pheeeewww!

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
If she is digging around the cage I would put her in a laybox. She is looking for a safe place to lay. If she doesnt find a place she may try to hold onto them and they will bind her up.
A lay box set up could be as simple as a rubbermaid tub with sand and soil mixed together. Wait till you see her dig in there!!
Good luck.

WELSHDRAGON

Original Poster
Well got her loads of calcium sand this morng,and shes been digging away,lol,looks like shes enjoying it.Layed another two eggs.Also feed her sum waxworms with calcium,and given her a bath to hydrate her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom