a little worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie94

Hi all
im a little worried about one of my beardies , i have 2 about 2mths old in a 3ft tank ,on paper,the temps are what they should be at each end of the tank and a they have a good UV light that they can get as close to as they wish
they are on a diet of small brown crickets (dusted crickets every 3 days ), cress tops and wax worms (when they will eat them )
they have fresh water every morning and the tank is cleaned out every other day
ok thats the history , now for the concern :(
ive noticed that the larger of the 2 (paddy) is not going up in his foliage to go to bed and seems to stay up the hot end and down on his back legs..
i was starting to worry because ive read up on impaction and it can cause Paralysis of the back legs.
im monitoring him very closely or as close as i can ,he has no trouble hunting and when food is offered he's up and gone "no probs",ive bathed him and he seemed quite happy with that , its hard to monitor his poo's because there are 2 in there .
one thing i was wondering , where he has got bigger do you think he dont feel safe in the foliage ,its only that fake stuff that sticks to the side of the viv.
im going to add a picture of him in the stance ive described, it might help a little.
any advice will be most appreciated.
thanx in advance.
Jay
P4270046.jpg

Tigg

Juvie Member
That's totally normal, they tend to sit like that all the time when they are resting and basking, most times even stretching their back legs straight out along their tail. They are also known for very strange and awkward sleeping positions as well!

Here's a link to a thread started with tons of pics of other beardies and their funny heind leg positions...
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=93805

Jamie94

Original Poster
thanx tigg
ive also had to of my friends who both have kept beardies for a while now tell me that my high temp wasn't as warm as i thought (this is what comes from reading the gage from an angle ) so ive put a better heat lamp in there now and the temps gone up to 110f "which is what i thought it was in the 1st place" :oops:
i'll keep you posted ,
thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom