my new bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

selfy10

Hi can any one help have just got a dragon shes about 6 weeks old got her home sat morn she has not eaten her food today she has burried herself in the substrater under a log is this because shes been moved or is there something wrong help please kevin..

selfy10

Original Poster
hi thanks for replying the substrate is crushed walnut reccomended by reptile shop barsking area is 98deg and yes i do have a uvb light on a timer 12hours a day

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
:shock: Our dragon almost died after eating crushed walnut shell substrate - we don't have that much experience but would definitely recommend you replace the substrate with something solid- we switched to non-adhesive shelf liner and she's been much better. Hope others come with more advice for you!

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
you might want to raise the basking temps to 105 babies like it hotter.I agree about walnut shell its bad.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Kevin,

We do need to know more about your lighting & temperatures, please.
What type & brand of UVB light are you using, a flourescent tube light or a compact or coil light? How close is it to your dragon?
What type of basking light are you using, a bright white light or a colored light?
What type of thermometer are you using, is it a stick on thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun?
Please do replace the walnut substrate & use either paper towels or a non adhesive shelf liner.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom