my bearded dragon's hands are shaking help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchil7

well its summer and i think her cage may have become to hot but ive lowered the temp to normal, but i noticed as she hung on her rock one of her legs hanging off and it was shaking like crazy and the back leg's toes also seemed to be shaking what is the problem someone said it may be a calcium defiecency

fuzlbaby

Gray-bearded Member
Well, we would need some basic information before any kind of answer can be given.

How big is your enclosure?
What are the basking temps? Cool temp?
What kind of thermometer do you use
How often are you giving supplements?
Do you have a UVB bulb? What kind?
What types of food are you feeding? Specifically please

I am thinking that should do it for now. Thanks
:mrgreen:

jchil7

Original Poster
40 gallon tank
today it got ridiculously hot usualy it is near 100 and the other is like 85
i have two thermometers at either side of the tank idk wat they our they came wit some bearded starting kit
i wasnt giving her supplements but today i went out and got rep cal :calcum and vit d and herpivite
i think the bulb is uva 100 wat i have two cause my rooms usualy cold but i only had one on today
she eats crickets i try to give her kale but shes stuburned and rarely eats it so i leave it for the crickets to eat

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We do need to know the type & brand of UVB you are using? Is it a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light? You mentioned that you have a basking bulb, of a 100 watt, is it a bright white light or a colored light?
What do you mean your dragon is sunburned? How close is the basking light to him?
What type of thermometers are you using, are they the round stick on type of thermometers? If so, they will not be accurate at measuring the basking spot temperatures. They will measure the ambient temps pretty well.
If you are not giving any calcium then she may have early symptoms of metabolic bone disease, especially if you do not have a very good UVB light.
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

jchil7

Original Poster
all living things basking bulbs heats her cage uva incandescent reotile lighting
white light
no shes not sunburned lol i cant spell i ment shes wont eat her veggs
yeah they are

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry to say, the All Living Things aquarium light is NOT a UVB light. So your dragon is suffering from metabolic bone disease or more immediately hypocalcemia. She cannot absorb her calcium properly without UVB which is causing her bones are being leached of calcium.
You will need to get a Reptisun 10 flourescent tube bulb & you can get one from here:
http://www.petmountain.com

You should also get some liquid calcium from:
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Meds.html#CalciumGluconate

What are the temperatures in the tank? What type of thermometer are you using to measure the temperatures?

Tracie

jchil7

Original Poster
termometers are the round ones on the wall i kno they suck
i figured it was some calcium deffiency so i ran to petsmart and picked up this calcium and vitamin d powder combined that with herpivitive multivitimn powder and release about ten white as ghost (the looked like powdered donuts) crickets in her cage whch she completely ate hopefully that should help
do u think petsmart would have that light?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I answered your PM. Please take the Reptiglo 10 compact light back & get the UVB light that I suggested. Sometimes the petstores carry that light, but, it will be double what you will pay at pet mountain.
Good that you went ahead & bought some calcium with D3. You can go ahead & start her on that today, & take that light back & replace it. That light is not a good one & is hard on the eyes. It does not have good UVB emissions, either which will not help her get any better.
Did she eat today for you?
You should try to get a digital probe or a temp gun also, to ensure you have more accurate temperature readings.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom